. Thirty-Three .

{Chanel's Point of View}
.
.
.

I stood against my father's desk as my fingers mindlessly caressed my bottom lip. I had craved to have him so close, to feel his touch, to hear him call me that nickname.

That nickname, the very one that irks me yet sings to my wolf...'damn you Luca.'

I shook myself out of my daze and made my way out of the office, I knew I had to get back or someone would come looking for me and I had no explanation but the truth as to why I had wandered off when my friend came up missing.

As I descended the stairs everyone seemed to come back in. The vibe was so strange, all of the party goers were still in the house. Their elegant gowns and dapper suits looked odd amongst the stagnant air of uncertainty this night had abruptly brought on.

I noticed that suddenly with the group, a wolf had entered.

Guessing by the situation and lack of the obvious person who SHOULD be here the wolf is Cesare... I didn't blame him though. As soon as the thought left my head my eyes fell onto HER, Gianna.

Now I was pissed!

I dashed down the rest of the steps and stormed over to the trio that stood next to my father and grandfather.

"We need to just calm down and wait, we don't know where they took her but I know they won't hurt her, that isn't what we asked them to do."

Without even so much as an inkling of a thought I acted upon feeling and merely felt when my knuckles made contact with her face.

"You stupid Bitch!" I shouted.

I didn't care that I was wearing an elegant gown and heels that made my ass look perfect, I didn't care that the Were communities elite we're watching me lose my shit. "You did this, and now you want to us to stay calm!"

Gianna had stumbled back upon impact and was now crying, "you don't think I'm worried, she is my sisters."

I punched her again before a pair of arms grabbed me and gently pulled me away, "NO, she's MY sister...don't try and act like you care all of a sudden."

I looked up fully prepare to yell at Luca for interrupting when I needed to get my anger out (preferably on that bitch's face) but upon inspection I noticed that, that flaming sort of desire feeling I get when Luca touches me was missing. So when my head snapped up I wasn't surprised to find that it was a worried Vincent who had pulled me off of Gianna.

I turned and knowingly searched for Luca, he stood there next to Cesare's wolf, arms crossed as he wore a slight grin of approval.

"We have to inform the girl's mother." Vincent sounded, killing the tense silence.

"Why, she doesn't care either." I grumbled angrily.

"Pfft..." I looked over to see that it was Gianna who had made the condescending sound and watched as she rolled her eyes, "you don't know how wrong you are."

Regardless of how either of us felt, my father took Gianna's phone and called her mother, once she answered he told her everything.

...

{Cesare's Point of View}
.
.
.

It had been forty-three minutes since Evalina turned up missing.

I knew this because I kept looking at the clock every couple of seconds.

I was finally able to shift back and Alpha Addams loaned me some clothes. The party attendants were given leave and soon after, the invited guests also fled. As we all stood around the now empty room no one spoke a word.

When the sound of the front door being thrown up hit our ears we all took defensive stances. We eased up considerably when we saw it was Evalina and Gianna's mother, accompanied by a man I've never seen before.

Beverly stomped forward and without word, slapped her daughter across the face, the same area that Chanel had abused only moments ago.

"That's enough Beverly." The man sounded as he stepped forward.

"You've always been so jealous of her." Beverly stated as if she hadn't heard the man. "You did this on purpose." She nearly spat in disgust.

"I said that's enough!" The unknown man growled as he took hold of her upper arm.

"Dad?" Gianna croaked.

Beverly jerked her arm out of his hold before giving him a terrifying death glare, "MY daughter is missing and its your daughters fault!"

I was so confused, and by the looks on everyone's faces, they were just as confused.

But it was Chanel who spoke up, "but...Lina said her dad died."

Beverly looked at the man hatefully, "this ISN'T Evalina's father...Evalina's father, my mate did die...this is Gianna's father, Charles."

After that awkward confession everyone sort of moved around, some of us wished to hear more while others busied themselves doing this and that.

You see Gianna had informed us that she had been using her old pack Alpha to get in contact with some RFH's (rogues for hire), they paid off a group of them to come to the party dressed as waitstaff and ordered to take my mate and then release her unharmed. Now RHF's work down to the T. If you pay them for one thing, that's all they're suppose to do...but being rogues they could always choose to add in a little extra and they wouldn't care because who's going to stop them? Now all I could do is sit here and wait a week until they release her and pray that these rogues don't stray from their paid orders.