. Twenty-One .

"What are you doing here?" I smiled as Cesare came up and hugged me, before placing a sweet kiss on my cheek.

"It's a nice day out, unseasonably warm to be honest...i thought I'd ride into town and have a stroll." He admitted. "Are you drinking coffee?"

I nodded and smiled, "tea actually."

"Can I get you something sir?" The barista asked as he cleaned up The table next to us.

"Do you serve lemonade?" Cesare asked.

The barista nodded then disappeared behind the counter.

"Well I was here with Chanel, but I don't know where she's gone off to."

With his hands in his pockets it was his turn to shrug, "I saw her outside, she probably excused herself from our company."

I nodded, it seemed like something Chanel would do to push us together.

When the barista stated that Cesare's lemonade was ready he paid and then came over to me once more. "Would you care to accompany me?"

'Of course' I screamed inside of my head. "Well seeing as I don't exactly have any plans this morning, I suppose I could go with you."

He chuckled and then placed his hand at the small of my back so as to escort me out of the coffee shop.

Once we were outside his hand fell away from me and we began to walk the cobblestone streets next to each other. As we past the multiple stores my hand brushed against his and he seized the moment as he then looked down at me, smiled, then took my hand gently into his.

Our fingers interlocked comfortably and my heart leapt with joy, my wolf hummed contently and together we continued on our way.

When we finally reached his car he opened the passenger door for me, I was excited to see that he had this vintage car, and this time the top was down. I got in and buckled up.

As I watched him walk around the front of the car I took note of his more casual attire. He had on khaki slacks and a deep navy polo top. Once he entered the vehicle he reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a hard case that house sunglasses.

With his shades now on he started his car up, he reversed and then he reached over for my hand. With a soft motion he placed a tender kiss on my knuckles, he smiled at me and began to drive away. He looked every bit an old Hollywood heartthrob, and it was hard not to swoon right now.

After driving in a comfortable silence for nearly two minutes I began noticing that we were driving away from the village and toward the rest of the town that housed the pack.

"Where are we going?" I asked softly, my mood was too enamored to speak in any other tone at the moment.

"Well I thought I'd take you to my house, let you get to know me some more" he confessed. "I've also got everything there for a perfectly lazy day in."

"Hmm."

"What" he asked slightly amused.

"Nothing, just seems pretty coincidental that you just so happen to have the making for a lazy day, at your house on the same day that you just so happen to run into me in town."

Now he chuckled, "if you'd rather go elsewhere please tell me what you'd like to do Cara Mia."

I couldn't keep the smile off my face, "a lazy day sounds wonderful."

As he drove down the rode we talked and laughed and I looked at him, he was so happy and seemed so carefree. I wondered how Gianna could ever call him serious and stiff.

Soon he turned down a rode and it seemed to go on forever. Finally we pulled up to a rather nice house and I suddenly grew a little anxious.

Here I am, alone with a guy, but not just any guy, my mate. Anything could very well happen and there would be no one to stop it, no one would know about it.

But as Cesare turned off the car and then jogged over to my side of the car he held his hand out to me. I eagerly placed my hand in his and my anxiety seemed to wash away.

I knew Cesare wouldn't hurt me, or pressure me in any way.

As for my wolf, now that's another story.

"This was my grandparents place, I've fixed it up over the years." He spoke before showing me around and pointing out various things.

It was easy to imagine a little boy running along these halls, playing in the backyard under the lemon tree, playing with his toy cars on the front window sill.

"What are you thinking about?" He nearly whispered.

I felt his breath descend upon me, I hadn't realized he was so close. I closed my eyes and trying to push back all of the dangerously sexy possibilities that this moment could lead to. "You" I smiled at my own admittance.

"Oh really."

I turned now to face him, he cooly placed his hands on my hips and looked down at me, my heart beat heavily and I knew I needed to kill the mood or it would be going somewhere else fast.

"Actually you as a child, I can see how this big house could be so fun for a kid."

"Oh," he sounded, my words seemed to have cleared his head as well as my own. "Yes, I enjoyed many trips to my grandparents house as a boy." He said before he bucked my chin up with his forefinger. "How about I get started on lunch and then we can eat outside."

"Like a picnic?" I asked rather excitedly.

He chuckled but caressed my jawline with his thumb lovingly, "if that's what pleases you Cara Mia."

He disappeared into the kitchen and I had to lean against an end table to catch my breath. Today would be nothing short of a challenge if I wanted to keep my virginity a little while longer.

Then again, I was beginning to wonder, what's so great about being a virgin?

As I weighed my options and began making my internal pros and cons list I also couldn't help but wonder what Chanel would do if she was in my situation.