. Twelve .

Once more Cesare held the door open for me and I gladly took the passenger seat, before buckling up I leaned over and pulled up the vintage lock on his door.

He smiled at me, he could've very easily done it himself but the small gesture seemed to impress him.

He started up the car and reveled at the sound of the engine admiringly before driving away from the parking space.

This time as we rode down the street an old song crooned smoothly as we drove so there wasn't a thick silence, and this time he DID grab my hand. I couldn't keep the smile from my face as it seemed to quickly become a permanent fixture.

"I bet this car is something else when you can actually put the top down." I acknowledged.

"Yeah," he sighed. "It's way too cold tonight to put it down, but I promise to give you a ride when the weather gets a little nicer."

This time I replied "I'll keep that in mind."

We reached our destination just as the sun was going down. He parked the car near the edge of a fenced off cliff and then turned off the engine.

"Did you seriously bring me to a make-out spot?" I chuckled a little.

"No, what am I some teenager?" he rolled his eyes playfully, I scoffed and smacked his arm. The action only made him laugh "I brought you here for the view and to get to know you better."

"Well I hate to tell you this, but the sunset is sort of, behind us."

Once more he laughed lightly, "perhaps I wanted to show you something other than the sunset, how cliche would that be anyways?" He sounded, "now tell me about yourself."

I shrugged, "what's there to tell that you've probably already heard from my mom or sister?"

He touched my face sweetly, "tell me something no one knows."

"When I'm away at school I don't miss my family at all."

"Why?" He asked.

"It's hard to miss what you hardly had in the first place." I told him, "you see, after my mom had a miscarriage she fell into a slump but when my dad died she went into a full blown depression...Gianna and I pretty much grew up without a mother and father, Gianna had to do a lot of things to put both of us through school...nothing unsavory or dirty, just work three jobs at a time sort of deal."

He clung to my every word so I continued, "when she sent me away to St Magdalene's I wanted to hate her for making me leave...but I was actually thankful that she had done it." I confessed, "I basically grew up in that school, alongside Chanel, she's more of a sister to me than Gianna is...Sure I talked to Gianna every week, but what kind of relationship is that?"

"I'm sorry." He sounded sincerely.

"She never even came to visit me, not once...and this is my first time I've been home in ten years, and I was pissed to find out that she and my mom were so happy going about their lives like I didn't even exist."

He reached up once more, only this time when he cupped my face he let his thumb run over the apples of my cheeks, moisture lingering in the tender trail.

"I'm sorry" I apologized as I sat back a little away from him and quickly dried my face. "I hadn't meant to get so emotional." I said feeling more than a little embarrassed at my sudden waterworks.

"You have nothing to apologize for Cara Mia."

I smiled up at him, "thanks."

"Alright" he said much more energetic, easily lightening the mood, "the sun's almost fully down...look over there." He pointed.

Had I been a human I wouldn't have been able to see it, but with my Were enhanced eyesight I could make out the city skyline, and almost as soon as the last of the sun rays touched the town, the city lit up with what seemed to be millions of fairy lights twinkling in the distance effortlessly.

"It's beautiful." I said. "I've never been to the city much less seen it at night like this."

"Really?!"

"Really...like I said, I grew up in the school, the only thing we ever really did other than school is explore the town."

"What town?" He asked.

"Sparrow Grove."

"You're kidding me," he smiled beautifully excited. "My Uncle is the Alpha of the Sparrow Grove pack."

"No way, I've met a couple of people in town who are in the SGP."

He nodded, "that's where my grandmother was from, and that's also where my grandparents retired to when my grandpa stepped down as alpha of the Peak Ridge pack."

"It's so crazy how close we've always been to one another but have only met just recently." I stated.

"Perhaps, it was you Cara Mia, that drew me to visit my grandparents so often."

The mood was shifting once more between us, so far I had started things off on a down and sad note, he picked it back up, and now it was veering dangerously into a lust filled mates mood as the two of us found ourselves alone, in the comfortable quiet, out in the middle of nowhere.

The only sounds that could be heard were our intense heartbeats mixed with the nightlife of the forest.

Suddenly my mothers phone vibrated so loudly that it pulled both of us out of whatever hold that mood had on us. "Sorry" I blanched from the suddenness of the interruption, "it's probably just my sister or something."

[Gianna: hey it's mom, I Just got home, where are you?]

I realized that my mother texted me from my sisters phone, I had assumed that after today's events Gianna would have made her way back to her apartment in the city.

"It's my mom, I gotta get home." I admitted more than a little embarrassed.

He nodded and then started the car back up, as the car reversed away from the edge of the cliff I text back.

[Mom's Cell: there were more dishes than I originally thought I signed up for, but headed home now.]

"Could I walk you to the door?" He asked as he pulled up to the house.

"Better not," I grimaced. "Gianna's car's still here, don't want make things more dramatic than they've already been today."

"C-can I see you tomorrow?" He asked a little nervously.

I couldn't contain the giggle that escaped me before nodding 'yes.'

I hopped off the car and when I reached the front door I gave him a final wave goodbye before entering the house.

Neither my mother or sister were in sight so I went into the kitchen and left moms phone next to the house phone, I picked up the cordless and then went straight up to the room and called Chanel.

"Tell me you two at least kissed." She answered.

I rolled my eyes and laid back against my bed, "no, and why didn't you call me when you got back?"

"Didn't want to interrupt anything."

"There was only talking" I confessed.

"Lame" she sighed, "well I was being serious about the reading so I'm gonna have to let you go for now, call me tomorrow or something."

"Will do, good night Chanel."

"Night Lina."

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

A/N:
To clarify (as I've dropped subtle hints here and there), this story takes place in a small picturesque FICTIONAL town of Peak Ridge and Chanel and Evalina go to school at St Magdalene's all girl school in a very posh town neighboring Peak Ridge called Sparrow Grove.