. Five .

"Are you sure you're going to be alright by yourself?" Gianna asked as she put her coat on? "I'm sorry to have to leave so suddenly but my client is insistent that we have a midnight council with her ex husband about their shared assets."

"Go, I'll be fine, I'll probably just go to bed anyways."

"I feel horrible about leaving" she pouted prettily.

"Go" I said for the millionth time, "mom should be coming home soon anyways." I said as I pushed her out of the house. She hugged me and I felt so guilty.

"I love you little Lina, and I'm so happy you're finally here." She smiled down at me, "I know it sounds cheesy, but I seriously feel like everything is finally right, no?"

Her kind words pulled my heartstrings even tighter with guilt. Gianna had done so much for me growing up, and how do I repay her, by falling for her boyfriend.

"I love you too Gia." I said, as the words left my mouth I made a silent promise.

I knew no matter what, I would have to avoid Cesare at any and all costs.

I stood in the doorway and watched my sister drive away, when she was out of sight I let my guilty tears come forward, I ran into the kitchen and went straight to the house phone before I dialed the one person I could talk to about this.

She answered groggily.

"I-I need you" I cried.

There was a small paused before she spoke, "I'm on my way."

...

After I called Chanel I calmed down a bit, I had gotten into a more comfortable outfit and took off.

After walking to the train station (which was about a ten minute walk from my mom's new house) I sat and waited for the train to arrive. I didn't have to wait long as the school wasn't too far away from here and when the train arrived I instantly spotted my best friend and she pulled me into a tight hug where I immediately lost it.

We just stood there, her letting me get every single tear out, I finally stopped and pulled away so I could clean my face.

"Thanks for coming" I said, we had begun walking back to the house, I now had one of her suitcases rolling behind me as we walked.

"I heard you and knew I needed to be here with you, what happened Evalina?" She asked, her face and words full of worry.

I shook my head, "I found my mate this evening." I smiled sadly.

"That IS horrible" she teased, Her smile was one of hope instead of its usual amusement and playfulness.

Her words caused a wet chuckle to come out, a fresh crop of tears started up and I stopped walking, "h-he's Gianna's boyfriend Chanel, I can't be with him." I whispered.

Once more she enveloped me in her arms and let me get it all out. The two of us stood in the middle of the deserted street hugging, and finally I composed myself.

"I'm sorry." I said as I grabbed her suitcase once more and began walking again.

"It's okay, does Gia know?"

I shook my head.

"Soo, tell me everything there is to know about loverboy." She said as she wiggles her eyebrows up and down.

I smiled at her before I took a deep breath to calm myself down further."His name is Cesare and he's the son of the Alpha here." I admitted, an image of him kissing my hand and looking up at me with his amazing steely green eyes filled my head and enraptured my soul, I fought hard to suppress the growing urge to smile and swoon.

"And..."

"And?" I asked.

"What's he like, tall, built, sexy, what?" She sounded, "I need some juicy bits girl."

I blushed a little, "all of that and more," I sighed. "Oh Chanel, he's absolutely perfect...he's the most handsome man I've ever met, he's well mannered and seems well read...He was so nice to me and he even openly acted on our mates bond."

"What, how?"

"H-he, kissed my hand." I admitted lovingly. It might've been something small and unimportant to others, but to me, he may as well have openly kissed me on the mouth in front of my sister.

"Ok...that is seriously romantic." She smiled.

We reached the house and I noticed my mothers car sitting in the driveway.
"Crap, moms here...no one knows about Cesare being my mate, and mom is dead set on seeing Gianna getting married to him as he IS her boyfriend."

"Just tell them Lina." She insisted.

I shook my head, "you don't understand, when my sister wants something, she ALWAYS gets it, and I know she wants to be the Luna of this pack...even if she's my sister I don't know what she'd do to achieve her goal."

"Evelina -"

"Promise me Chanel," I cut her off. "Promise you won't say anything to anyone about what you've learned tonight."

She gave me a serious stare before she nodded, "I promise."

I held up my hand and held out my pinky, I needed her to agree to our sacred pinky promise (something we had created when we both first started school).

She twisted her pinky around mine and repeated herself "I promise that I'll keep your secret, or you can shave my head." Then with our pinkies still connected we both kissed our thumbs, essentially sealing in her promise.

We continued on our way into the house.

"There you are, I was just about to go looking for you." My mom said.

"Sorry, I went to pick up my best friend from the train station, I invited her to join us for thanksgiving." I admitted, "mom this is my best friend Chanel, Chanel this is my Mom."

It felt so odd to have two people I've known for so long just now meeting each other for the first time.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you honey, and welcome to our home." She smiled , "why don't you two go on upstairs, it's getting late."

Chanel and I made our way upstairs and disappeared into my new room.

"Nice house." Chanel commented.

"This isn't my home, not yet at least."

"Give it time" she offered sympathetically, "it'll grow on you."

I simply looked at her and nodded, the truth was, I didn't want it to grow on me. I wanted to hate this house and this town...it would give me a reason to stay away, and maybe I could forget all about Cesare.