. Thirty-Five .

Almost as soon as I was tossed into the back of the van it took off.

I was in such disbelief that this was actually happening that even tears eluded me at this point.

'I've been kidnapped!'

"Sorry about that."

I looked toward the soft voice and soon a pair of hands were gently helping me into a sitting position.

The girl smiled, she was heavyset with long dark hair but kind blue eyes.

"Forgive these guys, they're such animals sometimes." She spoke again, "I know you probably don't want to hear any of this but here it is, you've been taken, obviously right?" she chuckled a little. "Anyways, we were hired to get you out of the way so try not to worry so much, we won't hurt you and I swear that you will go back home Safely..."

I remained silent and unmoving.

What was I suppose to say to that?

"...Anyways, I'm Kammi."

"W-why'd you do this?" I finally asked.

"Well because we were hired to, we do what the client pays for...life as a rogue ain't exactly cheap Hun."

"Can't I just go home, I swear I won't say anything...i'll just say I got homesick and left the party."

"Can't do chicky, that's not how this works." She said a little ruefully "but hey, we'll try and make the most out of this situation okay?"

I nodded and sat silently for the rest of the ride.

Kammi tried to introduce me to the others but they told her to "sit back and shut up" to which she boldly snapped back at them, she was sort of sassy and reminded me of Chanel.

We reached a motel and Kammi and I were given a room to ourselves, of course the men would take turns guarding the door from outside.

"Here's some clothes," she said slightly embarrassed as she held them out to me, "um, they'll be baggy on you as I'm much lar-"

"They're perfect, thanks" I said with a small smile to ease her, Kammi had been nothing but nice to me since meeting her so I felt no reason to be rude toward her.

I went into the restroom and showered, I cried a little but Kammi's words hit me, "we'll take you back, we won't hurt you."

I didn't know the validity behind her words but I was silently praying that she would keep her word.

I cleaned my face and then put her clothes on, they were too big but I was grateful for their comfort.

Once I reentered the room Kammi had also changed and was casually watching the tv.

"Wanna watch something?" She asked as she held the remote out toward me.

I shook my head and sat on my bed.

That night I sat in silence as we watched old super nanny reruns, just me and my friendly captor.

. . . ONE WEEK LATER . . .

I mean it, you've got a great figure.

Kammi and I were so bored and trying anything to keep from getting cabin fever from being in the same motel room, this even included resorting to dress up.

Turns out Kammi wasn't as hefty as I initially thought, she was plus sized but in a very voluptuous way.

"You should rock a form fitted top and show off your curves."

She shook her head, "that doesn't even sound comfortable, now this X-L is were it's at, look, I can move easily and since it's technically a guys shirt I don't feel bad if I get it dirty."

"But don't you want to look pretty?"

Now she smiled, "rogue women aren't exactly known for their beauty and sex appeal."

"Forgive me for prying, but you don't really seem like you like this life too much."

She shrugged, "it's all I know, I was born a rogue."

"You know you could always join a pack, you didn't ask for this life...wouldn't you like to get an education or work a normal job, at least have a little stability for once."

"I've thought about it," she admitted, "the thought of finding my mate and settling down to have a nice boring life amongst a pack with constant protection...its the dream...but it's just that, a dream."

Now I shook my head, "it doesn't have to be."

She took a seat on her bed and I copied her actions, "I don't know Lina, what kind of pack would want a rogue...we're seen as low class citizens."

"My mate is going to be Alpha one day, I think you should think about it, if it's something you really want then keep in touch with me and when Cesare's in a position to grant you acceptance into a pack then you can come over."

She nodded, Kammi actually seemed excited about the prospect of one day being part of a pack.

"What would I do though?"

I shrugged, "there's plenty you could do work wise, even without experience...and most packs have houses for pack members who don't have a place, they stay there until they can get on their feet and get their own place."

"You make it sound so easy." She smiled.

"It really is, its just up to you."

Suddenly a loud bang hit the door twice before opening. "Time to go!"

The words should have brought excitement, but as I looked over at Kammi I felt sad, I didn't want to leave her.

As we were leaving I wrote down my number on the notepad that was in the motel room and left it on her bed, I knew they'd return since they hadn't packed up up their belongings. Luckily I had left my cellphone upstairs the night of the party, otherwise I'm sure I would've lost my phone when they grabbed me.

"So, kinda hate to do this but we're gonna have to put you to sleep." She said with an apologetic face.

I nodded, "I trust you."

She gave me a genuine smile and then we hugged before one of the guys held a towel up to my mouth, I knew it would contain something to knock me out.

...

"cesare"

I could feel the warmth of the sun touching my skin but my eyes were far too heavy to open, and I could swear I just heard my loves name being called, but the sound was too far away to tempt me to fight my sleep.

When I finally awoke my eyes were greeted to the blue sky, moving.

"You awake Cara Mia?"

My heart raced and I turned my head, he looked down at me and grinned broadly, suddenly I realized I was being carried by him.

I did the first thing that came to mind, I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face next to his, "don't ever leave my side again" I whispered.

"Trust me" he smiled, "I don't plan on it."