. Four .

[[ --Cesare's POV-- ]]
.
.
.

I didn't know where their mother was and I honestly didn't care at the moment, I sat and ate the cheap Chinese food as the sisters lovingly interacted, I could sit here and watch Evalina talk and smile and laugh all night long.

She was something special.

Even as I spent the majority of my time observing her, I also noticed that her innocence and pure-heartedness had an effect on others as even Gianna...the woman I've come to know as a cold hearted powerhouse was now enjoying herself, laughing without a care in the world and simply being more enjoyable in general.

When dinner was over we resigned to the living space. I took a seat on the large sofa and Evalina took up the entire love seat as she let her body lounge about gracefully, like Cleopatra on her litter.

After Gianna placed a movie on she took a seat next to me, she seemed as if she wanted to get cozy but I pulled back, "not now Gianna, I'm not feeling so well."

She looked at me briefly before silently registering to the other side of the long sofa.

As the sisters watched the movie, I watched Evalina.

I took in every smile, every slight movement and as the credits began to roll I noticed her yawn. She looked adorable as her eyes squeezed shut and her nose crinkled up, her body stretching out like a lovely Feline, suddenly my mind began to wonder what her wolf could possibly look like, or better yet, what it would be like to run with her.

Suddenly Gianna moved and my thoughts were gone as I was pulled back into the reality of the moment at hand.

I sighed regretfully, as much as I wished to stay longer I knew my lovely mate would have been tired from her trip.

I stood up, "I think it is time for me to turn in for the night" I said to the both of them and then walked over to Evalina, I took her hand in mine, "Dearest Evalina it was such a pleasure to meet you and I hope we get to meet again soon." I risked my forwardness by going a step further and bending down to place a kiss upon her delicate knuckles, when I looked up at her she was smiling at me.

Her solitary smile made her warm eyes gleam. In that moment I knew that this smile was mine, it only belonged to me...and it was my undoing, "Gianna," I said getting her attention, she turned to face me and smiled, I merely continued. "A word please."

Gianna rose from the sofa, (sadly I had to let go of Evalina's hand now) and together we walked to the front door.

"Thank you for coming out tonight and showing my sister such respect."

"It really was my pleasure." I admitted, "now I wanted to say something before I leave and I need you to listen to me alright?"

She nodded.

I stood up straight and held her eye, "we are over."

"Excuse me?"

"Us," I gestured between her and I, "done, finished...I don't want to be with you, therefore I am now ending things between us...I am breaking up with you." I said in every single way I knew how...I didn't quite know how she hadn't understood me.

She threw her head back and chuckled heartily, when she finished she looked me straight in the eye, a fire burned behind them, "no...I refuse to allow this, now go home...you said you weren't feeling well so I will assume this little outburst from you is due to your poor health, I will see you on Thursday for Thanksgiving dinner."

I looked at her but she merely turned and walked away, silently dismissing me. I grabbed my coat and let myself out and left.

I don't know how much more clear I need to be, but I do not want to be with Gianna, nor do I want her knowing I have a mate.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what Gianna would do if she found out I have a mate in her own sister. Right then and there I knew I would have to protect my beautiful Evalina at all costs by keeping her identity a secret from everyone until the time is right, this included her sister and possibly even her mother as well.

Instead of going back to my penthouse I made my way over to the pack house. Upon my arrival a few pack members told me hi and inquired about Gianna, I smiled and nodded but kept a lock on anything Gianna related.

"Cesare my son, what brings you by?" My father asked as I walked into his office. My mother had heard his booming voice and entered the office as well.

"Hello momma." I greeted her with a kiss on each cheek before I offered her my seat. "I just came by to inform you both that I have called things off with Gianna."

I knew I couldn't simply end things with her without letting my parents know what's going on, they are still the Alpha and Luna of this pack for a few more years.

"Why?" My father questioned.

"I do not love her."

"What does that have to do with anything, Cesare do you realize the kind of Luna she will make?" His tone was almost pleading before it hardened once more and his alpha authoritative voice began to come through. "Son I already went to the council and offered her name for your bridal candidacy."

I winced a little at the weight of the Alpha's authority but continued to sand my ground. "Then you must go and withdraw her name." I said smoothly, in actuality I was furious, how dare my father go behind my back and start selecting potential brides for me.

"I will not."

"The bridal candidacy is not needed...as I have found my mate!" I stated cooly.

My mother elatedly jumped up and instantly embraced me. "Who is she, oh Cesare when may we meet her?"

"I promise I'd love for you to meet her momma, truth is I've only just met her myself and I wish to get know her before I introduce her to the family and the pack as my mate, I would hate to overwhelm her with so much all at once."

My father made a grumpy sound.

"Despite who you think I should marry, the fates have chosen a bride specifically for me, and I would rather step down and relinquish my role as the next Alpha of this pack than to be parted from my mate."

My father remained sulking in silence whilst my mother hugged me once more, "I am so happy for you, and I'm sure she's lovely."

I smiled, "from what I could make out, she is. She seems kind and full of life with a soul as beautiful as her face."

After talking for a while longer I finally made it back to my apartment.

I showered and laid down with a permanent smile etched upon my face, I closed my eyes and I could still see
the perfect face of my future Luna, Cara Mia, Evalina.