Part-18

“Love reckons hours for months, and days for years and every little absence is an age."

Time passed too fast talking to each other about everything and nothing...they both tried to not let the fear of tomorrow cripple in to flood their beautiful time with tears....both just imbibed each other's presence in themselves to cherish it in the hard times that were to come.. It was around 4 in the morning when sidharth finally dropped shehnaaz back to her ward... He had insisted her to go back and take rest many a times to not risk her health but she seemed too adamant to listen to him..
He himself went to the waiting area of the hospital and slept there only...

"Sidharth, get up.. It's 8..", Dr. Wahi said tapping Sidharth's shoulder to wake him up... He had just came and found Sidharth sleeping in sitting position in the waiting area... He at once understood that probably he was here for the whole night....He somewhat regretted of letting Shehnaaz's father to stay over....

Sidharth immediately woke up at the slightest tap...

"Were you here for the whole night??", Dr. Wahi asked him...

"Hmm... ", Sidharth replied still in a drowsy state...

"Okk... Then go to my cabin and use the washroom there to freshen up.. ", Dr. Wahi said..

Sidharth just nodded and got up to leave...
He before going for freshening up went to Shehnaaz 's ward to check on her... Seeing her still sleeping and her father now awaken ,he headed towards Dr. Wahi's cabin...

He came out from the washroom after 15 minutes....Dr. Wahi was in his cabin only busy in some papers...

"What are you doing??", he asked Dr. Wahi sitting on a chair in front of his table..

"Signing discharge papers.. ", he responded...

"Whose discharge papers??", Sidharth asked immediately...

"Shehnaaz's... ", Dr. Wahi replied and got up....He left without his reply leaving Sidharth there only...

Sidharth's heart dropped as he heard that.... The time was here... She was finally going....
It seemed  so difficult to him.....his heart effortlessly denied to accept what his mind had already accepted...

Shehnaaz wake up  to find Dr.Wahi in the room.... She saw his father signing some papers....
Her heart ached when she didn't find Sidharth there... She wanted him ...

"Shehnaaz, you are alright now... So ready to leave this place you don't like at all.. ", Dr. Wahi said chuckling....her father joined him as well...

"Haan jii...", Shehnaaz lied , she didn't want to leave if this was the only place now where she would be with Sidharth...

Sidharth came out and headed towards the ward she was in...
His heart fell to his stomach when he reached there.....
Shehnaaz was standing at the door in her clothes with her father and Dr. Wahi who were busy in some conversation...

His eyes went to her and met hers... They were as painful as his.. They had nothing but pain... Pain of going away from him...
The promise that they made to each other last night of calling ,video calling daily and meeting whenever it would be possible did not seem to reduce even an ounce of pain they felt right now... Nothing could match the contentment and tranquility their presence gave to each other... No matter how had they convinced themselves that even if they would not live together, they would be together but what all they wanted was to make last 20 days as the beautiful reality of their lives...

Mr. Gill moved ahead and came to Sidharth who was standing a distance away breaking the painful conversation between their eyes..

"Saadi kudi lai ajiha karan lai dhanavad sirji.... ", her father folded his hands in front of Sidharth to pay reverence to what they had done for Shehnaaz...