Part-6

Jay made Sidharth drink a glass of water to calm himself down.. If that was possible...Jay could not believe that this strong headed person was so shattered... A person with never giving up attitude was crying because of helplessness.....
But what on earth has the capability to question what almighty has decided..... So was the situation with Sidharth.....

Sidharth and Jay were sitting on a bench outside the OT waiting for her operation to get finished... Both were just praying... Jay for Shehnaaz's well being and Sidharth for his own well being that was at her mercy now...

After 30 minutes that felt like 30 years to Sidharth , a nurse came outside who was seemingly tensed... Seeing her  Sidharth's stomach churned.... What else was left to kill him alive....

Mustering up some courage ,Sidharth and Jay both rushed towards her to have some update on Shehnaaz's condition..

"Sister is she fine?? ", Jay asked the nurse. Sidharth felt himself was too numb to even speak...

"Sir , she is critical....She has lost a lot of blood... Her blood transfusion is going on... But her body is losing responsiveness...", the nurse replied ,  having literally no idea about what impact her words made on the person standing near by.....

Sidharth suddenly felt light as if his soul was leaving his body... As if life was leaving him... He turned around and moved to the bench sitting there again....his senses were getting blocked to comprehend anything.....

"Sister, will she be fine?",Jay asked that nurse almost whispering...

"Sir, I m afraid...Chances are low... " She answered and left....Her heart pained to see Sidharth crying...

Jay 's heart skipped a beat.. Not for what he heard ,he had obviously seen people losing their battles of life so many times owing to the profession they were in , but for Sidharth...Jay had obviously read between the lines by now but he wondered when that happened....Just few days that Sidharth was here and now he was broken to no extent seeing a girl fighting for her life... Who was this girl??
Jay just wondered and was deeply
afraid thinking of Sidharth , his dishelved condition was screaming the fire he was burning in...

He sighed and sat back at his place near Sidharth....
Hours passed.... The clock hit 6 in the morning but unfortunately that rising sun did not bring any ray of light in Sidharth's life...

Jay time and again kept patting Sidharth's shoulder giving him the much needed courage and consolation....He had moved to washroom in between but Sidharth kept sitting there lifeless as if him being like this was going to help him get her back...

After an hour the team of doctors came outside the OT...Their faces were visibly tired and disappointed... Sidharth could not comprehend their gestures ,his mind was too numb to do that but Jay did, his stomach churned anticipating the worst...

He helped Sidharth get up and they moved towards  Dr. Wahi. His team left leaving him to complete the most difficult task of a doctor's life....

"Wahi, is she fine? ",Jay asked ,concern lacing his tone...He had already prepared himself for the worst... their profession had perfectly furnished their instincts...there was a very low chance of their instincts going wrong...

Dr. Wahi looked at Sidharth who was looking at him with all the hope in the world... His eyes were begging him to tell him that she was fine.. that she was alright..

It was going to be one of the difficult announcements of Dr. Wahi's life, he thought after seeing Sidharth who was standing with nothing left in him but just hope ...but he had to do that... He was trained to...