Part 46

Chapter FortySix: Still Carter's P.O.V- 

 I walked slowly through the hall of my apartment floor, being carful not to trip and crumble to the floor. I wasn't planning on crumbling to the floor till I got inside. I felt through my purse looking for my keys. When I finally found them I put it in the lock and lightly opened the door. Lucky for me no one was home. Unlucky for me I would be alone for who knows how long and I would probably cry myself into dehydration.The tears that were once again invading my eyes, began to make my vision blurry. I stumbled to my room and closed the door. I crumbled to the floor and sobbed quietly. My eyes were stinging from all the water pouring from my face and my mascara was completely RUINED. 

 To many things were flying around in my head, but the one thing that stuck out was leaving LA. As I made up my mind I began devising a plan to get away. I called the pilate of our private jet and asked him to ready the plane for take off. He said that the plane would be ready soon. When I hung up with him I went to the bathroom to clense my face of all reminders of my broken heart, and brush my teeth. Shortly following that I went to my room and changed into my plane clothes. A yellow baseball tee with a penguine on it, black eyelet lace shorts, slipper boots and a hooded, black varsity jacket. I threw all the clothes I would need into my suitcases, I grabbed a couple of my bed pillows, and began getting Ceaser's things together. The last thing I did was go to the bathroom and take my things out. 

 When I went into my room I saw Camila standing in the middle of my room, her luggage around her. 

 "Hi," she said "I heard about tonight." 

 "Really?" I said. 

 "Yeah, Rydel told me." she shrugged. 

 I was quiet. I gathered my things and went to the living room. Standing there was Rosie, Riley, and Ethan. I just stood there with an expressionless look on my face, but on the inside feelling like crap. 

 "We have something to tell you." Rose said. 

 "What is it?" I asked pickinng sCeaser up off the floor to put him in his carryinng kennel. 

 "Rose and I kinda knew about this." Camila said. 

 I almost dropped Ceaser. 

 "You WHAT?!" I asked outraged "HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME?!" 

 "We thought Ross was going to tell you." Rose said. 

 "No you didn't." I chocked back my tears but failed miserably. 

 "Ok, so, we HOPED that he would." Camila offered. 

 I stared at them in disbelief. 

 "We just wanted to protect you!" Camila said. 

 "I can protect myself!" I stormed out. 

 I grabbed my bags and Ceaser's kennel and went to the elevator. I got down to the lobby and had Jack the door man pull up my dad's black Chevy Suburban. I put my things in the trunk and climbed into the front seat. In a matter of moments my dad's driver, Robert, got into the drivers seat. He could tell I wasn't in the mood for talking. Which was totally true. Camila, Rosie, Ethan, and Riley got in as I buckled into my seat. The ride to the plane was rather quiet. Well except for the awkward rambling of Ethan and Riley. Robert pulled on to the tarmack. 

 "Here you are girls." Robert said. 

 "Thanks Rob," I said "Could you tell Dad and Mom that we got an early flight to Texas?" 

 "Sure thing Ms. Carter." he said. 

 "Thank you," I hugged him. 

 I went to the trunk and got Ceaser and my things. I got on to the plane and chose to let Ceaser out. I noticed that Camila brought Augustus. Ceaser went to sniff his sisters kennel. I sat on a white sofa and looked at one of the magizines sitting on the table. Rose sat down next to me. I got up and went to the booth on the other side of the plane. 

 "Ok this is getting out of hand!" Rose stood up. 

 "What is Rose?" Riley asked. 

 "Carter! She's completely locking us out! We only did what we did because we love her and didn't want her getting hurt." she said to him. 

 I stayed silent. I looked out the window. 

 "I've had enough of this!" Rose said. 

 I looked over at her. She wascoming over to me with a cup of water in hand. 

 "What are you-" she cut me off by dumping the whole cup on my head. 

 "WHAT THE HECK?!" I yelled. 

 "I know Ross broke your heart but that doesn't give you the right to ice out the people who care about you!" she said. 

 "You two had as much a right to keep this from me as Ross did! Which basically me YOU HAD NO RIGGHT TO KEEP THIS FROM ME! Thsi is MY life and I'LL decide what I need to know and what I don't need to know! This is affecting you guys in no way what so ever!" I said.  

 They were quiet. 

 "You live in Englan," I pointed at Rosie "And you, Camila, don't have a boyfriend who's a Lynch! This isn't affecting you guys at all!" I yelled. 

 "We're going to leave and let you girls talk." Ethan said "Come on Riley," 

 Riley stood up. 

 "I actually think I'm taking Carter's side on this." Riley said to Ethan. 

 "Me too," Ethan replied. 

 My guess was they were going to hang out with the pilate and co- pilate. 

 "Look," Camila said "We're sorry and we know we didn't have a right to not tell you. We'll leave you alone for a little bit." 

 They walked away to their plane cabins. I moved back to my sofa. Ceaser barked at me. I knew he wanted me to let Augui out of her kennel. I sighed, got up, and let Augustus out. They started barking and jumping in excitement. I layed face down on the couch. I fell asleep only moments later. I felt man like arms hug me. I rolled over and saw Ross laying next to me. I didn't know whether to hug him or slap him so I just looked at him.

 "I love you," he said.

 He was about to kiss me when I jolted up right and realized it was a dream. My breathing was heavy, my heart pumping a mile a minute. Rosie and Camila walked in.

 "We brought sugar and trans- fat covered peace offerings." Camila said meekly. 

 "We're so sorry," Rose said "Do you forgive us?" 

 "Yes," I said. 

 "Good cause we have all your favorite candies and things." she said.  

 "Sour gummy worms, gummy bears, pop corn, french fries, chips, peanut butter MnM's, we even smuggled a pizza on." Cami said. 

 "FOOD!" I said "I didn't eat ANYTHING!" 

 "Oh I almost forgot," Rose said "We also have ice cream in those one pint containers or whatever." 

 "Ice cream!" I smiled. 

 That was the first time I'd smiled in four hours. 

 "I'm thinking it's all back to normal in here." Riley said as he and Ethan peeked their heads in. 

 "Yes," we said. 

 I took two slices of pizza, a thing of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy and Half Baked, gummy worms, gummy bears, and french fries. So what if I was eating a lot of food? I was in depression mode MAJOR! This is the only time you're allowed to eat a lot of food and not get judged. Soon after I finished my food I fell asleep. I coulld still hear everybody talking. 

 "Is she going to be ok?" Riley asked. 

 I could hear the concern in his voice. 

 "I hope so! There aren't enough cups of water IN THE WORLD to squeltch her firey anger." Rose said. 

 "No, I mean, she ate A LOT of ice cream... Is she ok?" he asked. 

 "She might be in a sugar induced coma but other than that she's good." Cami said. 

 Despite being lied to I found it easy to forgive Camila and Rosie... I wonder if forgiving Ross will be that easy.