Part 50

Chapter Fifty: Carter’s P.O.V-

 The next day I woke up early and got dressed to go fishing with Gramps. When we got home we were all engrossed in wedding work. Grams had me sweep the barn of all remaining pieces of hay. Then I went back to the house and baked cookies with Grams and Camila. Rosie and Riley were exploring the town and were hardly ever at the house. Ethan hung out with Gramps and, our soon to be cousin, Troy a lot. The day after that I promised Rydel and Rosie that I would take them dress shopping. We went to ta small shop a few miles from the ranch. Rydel got a navy blue peplum dress and Rosie got a yellow spaghetti strap dress that had lace detailing here and there. When we returned home I went for a ride with Camila. We talked about the wedding happening in just a few short days. It was crazy to think that our Aunt was tying the knot and everybody thought so; although most of us were happy for her. The following day was Wednesday and it was an off day, but we did have to get Aunt Reba’s dress. When we got home my guy cousins Gabe and Taylor were there.

 “Hey C,” Taylor said.

 “Hey Taylor, Gabe,” I said “What’s up?”

 “Wanna shoot some hoops with us?” Gabe asked.

 “Sure,” I agreed.

 “Maybe you could get that friend of yours to also play with us.” Taylor said.

 “Which one?” I gave him a weird look.

 “The pretty blonde one.” He said.

 “Rydel?” I was utterly shocked.

 “Yeah…” he said.

 “Aww, Taylor boy has a crush.” Gabe mocked.

 “Shut it Gabe!” Taylor said.

 I snickered and high fived Gabe.

 “Let me just give her a call and see if her and her brothers maybe want to play.” I took my phone from my pocket.

 “How many brothers does she have?” Taylor gulped.

 “Four… Well if you’re not counting Ratliff but since you seem freaked out I’ll count Ratliff, so five.” I pressed the call button.

 “Hello,” someone said.

 “Hey its Carter can I talk to Rydel?” I said leaning up against the truck.

 “Carter?” I recognized the voice now… It was Ross.

 “Hey Ross,” My heart began flying right out of my chest.

 “It’s good to hear your voice.” He said.

 “You too,” I was now smiling.

 “So you want to talk to Rydel?” he asked.

 “Uh… Yeah.” I said, itching my forehead “I was just going to ask if you guys wanted to come over and shoot some hoops with me and my cousins.”

 “You want me there?” he asked in an astounded voice.

 “If you want to… We don’t even have to talk to each other, or look at each other, if it makes you uncomfortable…” I caught myself before I went into a complete ramble.

 “I don’t know if that’s the best idea.” He said.

 “Ok, just ask Rydel and the others for me.” I said.

 I felt like a complete idiot for even asking. Rydel and the others ended up coming over to play and she and Taylor talked for a while. The next day I just hung around the house. I checked celebrity gossip sites to see if there was anything said about Ross and me. Luckily enough for us there wasn’t anything. I spent the rest of the day getting ready for Sunday. I made sure that I had everything I needed for my bridesmaid outfit and I help Gramps test the lights. Rydel came over and her and I hung out with Camila, Rosie, Riley, and Ethan. Cam and I showed them how to ride horses but Taylor ended up having to help Rydel. They were too cute.