Part 49

Chapter FortyNine: Ross’s P.O.V-

 I was pacing back and forth waiting for the rest of the band to be ready for the video we were making for Carter. 

 “Ross, chill out.” Rydel said.

 “This video has to be perfect… Just like Carter is.” I looked at my hands.

 Riker, Rocky, and Ratliff walked out of their room.

 “Alright,” Riker said “We’re ready,”

 “Great, let’s hit it!” I rubbed my hands together.

 We walked out of the hotel room and went down to the back lawn. Rocky and I had our guitars in hand, Riker had his bass, and Rydel and Ratliff were carrying her keyboard. When we got out there nobody was there and I quickly taught them how to play it. When that was done we went straight into the video.

 “Turn the record off, reminds me of the girl of my dreams, she played it every night, songs better with her next to me, but she’s gone gone, now she’s gone gone, and I’m alone lone, man this really sucks.” I sang the first verse then went into the chorus “Cause I tried to walk away, but it’s not that easy to do, and my heart still feels the same, when she’s standing in the same room, and even though I know I know it’s over, I still love to love to love to love to love her, I said I love to love to love her I dream about her every day, said I love to love to love to love her and it’s driving me insane, when I see her out she treats me cold like she forgot my name, I still love to love to love to love her, ANYWAY. ”

 “She’s got that kind of smile, kind of makes you wanna work for it, stick around awhile, anything to kiss her cherry lips, but she’s gone gone, yeah she’s gone gone, and I’m alone lone, waiting all night by the telephone.” Riker sang. 

 We went back to the chorus.

 “I wrote you song, tell ya how I’m feelin but it’s too late, too late, told ya I was wrong even called your mother but it’s too late, too late, It’s never too late, It’s never too late,” Rocky sang.

 “Said I love to love to love to love her,” I sang meekly “Cause I tried to walk away, but it’s not that easy to do, and my heart still feels the same, when she’s standing in the same room, and even though I know I know it’s over, I still love to love to love to love her, I said I love to love to love to love her, I dream about her every day, said I love to love to love to love her, and it’s driving me insane, when I see her out she treats me cold, like she forgot my name, said I love to love to love to love her, said I love to love to love to love her… ANYWAY.”

 “CUT!” Ryland yelled “That’s a wrap you guys.” 

 “Do you think Carter will watch it?” I asked.

 “Um… YEAH! If I tell her too.” Rydel said.

 “Thanks Del,” I said “You’re the bomb!”

 We went back upstairs and changed. I lay across my bed and looked at the ceiling. Every time I shut my eyes I saw her. Smiling, dancing, singing, laughing, kissing me, lying in bed with me… I missed her more and more each second I was away from her. I longed for her soft, pink lips to touch mine, to touch her long luxurious hair, and look into the AMAZING gold eyes that I had taken for granted. I told myself that she would always be with me and that I wouldn’t know what this exact moment felt like. My mind had only been playing tricks on me; letting me believe that heartbreak was a farce. Unfortunately I was way off. I wondered if she missed me as much as I missed her…

Carter’s P.O.V-

 I missed him! I needed a RossBear hug. I needed him to make this dress decision for me; I needed him to hold it in front of me with one arm wrapped around me waist, whispering the pros and cons of each dress in my ear in that almost seductive low voice of his that, if I was in a good mood, could make me do whatever he wanted at a snap of his fingers. I looked at the two soft pink dresses I had in my hands, one a one strap dress with a thin brown belt and the other a short halter dress with a deep V neckline and also a thin brown belt. I knew which one Ross would want me to wear and I smiled as I practically heard him say what he thought of it. He’d say that he would never be able to take his eyes off me and that sometime when I was just walking around he’d drag me off somewhere and just kiss me like he meant it!