Part 18

Chapter Eighteen- Ross's P.O.V.-

 Carter and I walked through the lobby.

 "Good afternoon Ms. Stonewell, Mr. Lynch." The door man said.

 "Hi Jack," Carter said "Hey when my parents get back could you tell them I'm with Ross?" she asked Jack. 

 “Sure thing Ms. Stonewell,”

  I slid into the driver’s seat, Carter ducked into the passenger, and I kicked it into high gear. My phone started ringing. I knew it was Rydel so I took it out of my pocket and handed it to Carter.

 "Babe, could you answer that for me please?" I looked at her with my puppy dog eyes.

 "You're just so darn cute." she touched my cheek and took my phone. 

 "Hello?... Hey Rydel... Oh this is Ratliff... Yeah... We're on the way... Yeah... Really?... Kay... See ya." she hung up.

 "So what did Ratliff want?" I asked not taking my eyes off the road. 

 "He was being Rydel's messenger and he just wanted to know if you were on the way." she said. 

 “Ok,” I smiled and kept on driving.

 I noticed that she kept looking down at her hands with a frown on her lips. I could tell that something was up with her.

 “What’s wrong?” I asked her.

 “Nothing… I’m fine.” she said looking at her hands still.

 I pulled into a vacant parking lot and put the car in park.

 “What are you doing?” she asked.

 “Parking duh,” I laughed. 

 “Funny,” she said with less expression than a brick “You’re going to be late.” She pointed out.

 “I don’t care,” I said.

 She looked out her window and shook her head. I unclasped her seat belt, grabbed her around the waist and pulled she her into my lap. Then I put the seat back as far from the steering wheel as it could go. She just kept playing with the ends of her hair. I knew that she was bluffing when she said that she was fine. It was a boyfriend thing. 

 “Baby, what’s wrong?” I asked her in a sweet tone of voice.

She sighed.

 “We can’t have real relationship with out your fans finding out.” She said “And you know what happen to girls that start dating rock stars that every girl IN THE WORLD is crushing on.”

 “I don’t know about EVERY girl in the world but I'm working on it." I laughed.

 “You are just so humble." she said sarcastically "But seriously... They're going to find out about us soon and they'll hate me."

 I cupped her cheek in my hand and made her look at me.

 “No other girl can have me… Because baby it’s you and it will ALWAYS be YOU and only YOU.” I whispered into her ear.

 “You mean that? Really?” she asked.

 “I wouldn’t have said it if it weren’t true.” I clutched her close to me “I love you and I ALWAYS will.”

 We stayed in each other’s arms.

 “How did you know there was something wrong with me?” she asked, breaking the silence.

 “Let’s call it boyfriends’ intuition.” I winked at her.

 She giggled as I set her back down in her seat.