Part 28

Chapter TwentyEight: Carter's P.O.V-

 Kaylynn, Camila, and I walked into the lobby of my apartment and headed straight for the elevator. 

 "So nothing happened with you and Ross last night?" Kaylynn asked in disbelief. 

 "The only thing that happened was sleeping and an argument." I said as we flew up to the top floor. 

 She didn't say anything. We got off the elevator and walked down the hall. 

 "It's still really sweet that he protected you last night during the storm." Camila said as I unlocked the door. 

 I smiled at the memory and thought of the good times talking with Ross in his room and kissing in the kitchen. I shook my head trying to stay on top of my game for the day. If I ever wanted to hang out with my best friend and my sister then I'd have to stop thinking about Ross. Not completely. I dropped my bag on the couch and walked down to my room. Once in my room I saw Merida sleeping with Ceaser and Augustus on my bed. I crouched down next to my bed and touched her shoulder. 

 "Hey Mer," I said. 

 "Hey princess," she smiled sleepily.   

 She looked at my alarm clock and jolted up straight in bed. 

 "I have to get home. Um... I took the dogs for a walk last night so you should do the same again tonight, I took them out an hour ago to go to the bathroom so they should be fine, and put a scoop of dog food in their bowls. I'll see you tonight in the kitchen down stairs for dinner and cards at eight. Clair made cheese cake." Merida said picking up her purse and walking out the door. 

 "Bye Mer!" I called after her.

 I went into my closet and pulled out a spaghetti strap tank top that had orange, red, blue, green, and yellow swirling together on it, shine shorts, and royal blue gladiator sandals. I dropped them on my bed and went to the bathroom for a quick morning shower. When I got out I wrapped my towel around my body and went into my room to blow dry my hair. After my hair was dry I curled it and clipped it half up and half down. Kaylynn and Camila came into my room while I was doing my make up. 

 "So are you going to see Ross again today?" they asked.

 "Yeah we're meeting up for lunch." I said.

 "Oooooo," they said together.

 I rolled my eyes at them and put on my mascara, gold eye shadow, and some watermelon lip gloss. I put on my clothes and shoes and sprayed myself with some vanilla frosting scented perfume.

 "Ready," I said as I grabbed my white RayBan sunglasses and my purse.

 "Let's shop till we drop!" Camila said.

 We went out of the apartment and into my car. When we got to the Grove we immediately raided Forever 21. We came out with a TON of bags dangling off our arms. When we walked out we passed by a jewelry kiosk. Kaylynn stopped and was looking at these beautiful earring and necklace set.

 "Oh my gosh, this is beautiful." she smiled at me "How much are they?" she asked the man behind the cart. 

 "One hundred and fifty dollars," he replied with a Spanish accent.

 "Oh never mind... I don't have that kind of money at the moment." she said in a sad tone.

 My ears perked up.

 "Hey Camila," I whispered to my twin.

 "Yeah?" she whispered back.

 "Keep Kay distracted for a minute or two." I said.