Reintroductions

Hannah's POV

6 years later....

I am awoken by the pounding of my heart. I roll out of bed and get in the shower. As I get out of the shower I think of Spencer. Has he given me another thought since the hospital 6 years ago?

I push the thought aside grabbing a red buttoned up blouse and black tight jeans. I curl my hair and put on neutral makeup with eyeliner to make my eyes pop. As I pull my shoes out of the closet I start to breath in and out. I look at my phone and notice that it's almost time to leave. I grab my purse and the go-bag Emily told me I had to have together. I only live 10 minutes away from work, So I head to Starbucks and then get to the office. I already passed my gun qualification so I get off the elevator and head inside the double glass doors into the bullpen full of desks and agents.

"Do you know where I can find Emily Prentiss' Office" I ask an agent. But before he could answer I hear my name. "Hannah? How are you?" Emily asks leaning against the rail above us. She waves for me to come up to her. As I get up the stairs she motions me into her office. "Well the FBI doesn't have me in therapy anymore so I would say I'm doing okay but being alone really sucks. It brings me back. But I am taking my medication and doing what I need to do." I say she leans in and hugs me. I hug her back smiling.

"I get that. Well now you are part of this family" I she smiles at me. She is the only person who has been there for me since I was rescued and I appreciate it so much.

"So you're in charge now?" I say looking around the office. As she goes to answer a guy I don't recognize comes up to the door and knocks."We have a case Prentiss." He turns to me.

"Thanks Luke. Luke this is SSA Hannah Evans our newest member." she says pointing to me as he reaches his hand out I shake it and smile. "Nice to meet you." he says "You too" I respond following them. I follow Emily to the room where the rest of the team is sitting waiting for her. They brief us on the case and we get to the jet. She turns to me. "You ready to get out in the field?" I nod.

"Emily says I should remember you but I don't. Have we worked a case together before." she asks sitting in front of me on the jet. I smile and look down. "It wasn't a case per say but I remember you. You were the one who interviewed me in my hospital room. SSA Evans. I came from the Intelligence branch. You and your team rescued me six years ago in Arizona. I was being held captive, the three people I was held with died and I was on my deathbed when you rescued me. I think I remember you saying your name was Jareau but I could call you JJ" I say fidgeting my pen. I slightly look up with my eyes and see him making his way towards us.

"Omg yeah. The Gary Cole murders. Your information about him being a narcissistic sadist really helped our investigation." He reaches his hand out "Dr. Spencer Reid. I don't know if you remember but I.." "Stayed in my room so I wasn't alone until I was able to be released I remember." I smile making eye contact. "I also remember David Rossi." I say seeing him walk towards me too. He looks at me and gives me a sly smile, "I wrote a book about the Gary Cole murders but I never got to interview the one survivor." he says sitting next to me.

"I need a minute" I say standing up and going to the bathroom Emily followed "Sorry. Just I felt so overwhelmed. I knew there were going to be questions but I don't know if I want to relive that whole experience just yet. It's still too soon. Honestly I don't know If I will ever be able to talk about that again because losing my three closest friends made me feel like I lost a part of myself." I say opening the door and looking at her.

"Please. If anyone gets that it is this team. Just come sit out there with me and I will tell them to talk about the case and leave you alone. " She says placing her hand on my shoulders and giving me a sincere smile. "Thanks, Emily. I don't have to be babied. Let's just talk about the case please." I say walking past her and picking up the case file sitting in front of Emily.