Retirement

Hannah's POV

I take a seat at the restaraunt and order a coffee as all the great memories with Emily fly through my had followed by questions. Will she be mad? Will she understand?
Emily sits down in front of me smiling with her coffee. "You've been hiding something and is this finally where you tell me what it is?" She announces "what?" I mumble staring down into my coffee "Spill Han" she orders I breath out and look up at her. Her eyes are filled with sympathy and love.
"Spencer and I want to retire from full time at the BAU." I admits scrunching my eyes close in fear.
"It's about your kids? Right?" She understands? I look around confused and then back to her. "That's part of it." I answer "And what's the other part?" she sips from the cup "I want to live my life knowing that I won't have to worry if I am going to see my husband again or if he will get shot and die. vice versa for him too. I want to be here in 50 years sitting on my porch with grey hair watching my grandkids play in the yard." I drop my head and she stands up. "Hannah. You listen to me..." she sits in the chair next to me now "I understand. I can always make you guys consultants for the BAU and you assist on certain cases but you don't actually go out into the field. You aren't even full time agents." I nod feeling like she would understand "Thank you so much Em." I smile hugging her. "Now the hard part. We have to tell the rest of the team" I nod throwing money down on the table.

I walk into the BAU and drop my head as I see each member sit down. "What do we got?" Alves asks "We have an announcement." Spencer says grabbing my hand. Emily nods looking at me. I breath out feeling my hand shake in Spencer's. "We are taking a step back as full time agents in the FBI." I hear a few groans and see confused looks. "I just can't continue to live in fear of losing my wife or the thought of her losing me. Or worse our kids losing one if not both of their parents." He states "We both have so many demons from our past, the longer we stay members full time of this team the more likely they are to hurt it you guys but our family." I stare at the ground when I hear chairs scratch across the ground. "Oh my loves, I understand completely as long as I still get to see you and those beautiful babies." I laugh as Penelope wraps her arms around me. Slowly everyone makes their way up to us. "We will miss having you in the field." Tara states hugging Spencer then myself. We make our rounds of hugs and condolences. I walk around slowly standing against the railing watching the team gather in the bullpen around Spence.
She stands next to me, "Hannah, can we talk?" JJ questions I nod following her "I know we have had our issues and you probably don't want to hear this from me but... I am going to miss you." She admits I stare at her then wrap my arms around her "I love you JJ. Our friendship is stronger than ever and I'm atleast happy our kids get along cause now we will be seeing a lot more of eachother. What you and Spence have can't be taken away and I should t have been so jealous." She smiles at me.
Spence and I pick the kids up from Crystals house. "Guys we want to talk to you about something." We tell them pulling the car over. "Okay mommy." Grace says "Your dad and I are taking a step back at work. We are going to be home every day now." I turn to look at them "Really? So now you can help me with my science projects, dad?" Jason states "Yes buddy. Each and every one." Spencer laughs "That's incredible news" grace states. I stare at her she's so smart and I can't wait to watch her grow into her genius and my boy is so funny and quirky. He is the best son a girl could ask for. "Mommy, your crying are you alright?" Jason asks "Yes bubs I'm okay. I'm just really happy that's it. Let's get home okay?" They nod.

The team surprised us with a retirement party. "I just want to say a few things... Hannah And Spencer it's always been hard to decide who my favorite genius is but it doesn't matter because this team is complete with you guys. You're the best friends, agents, parents, and people that I've ever met. You've inspired me so much to continue down my path regardless of what life faces because I've seen you fight everything without prestige and ease. I love you both. Ciao." Rossi steps off the porch kissing each cheek.
"Boy genius, girl wonder. Without you guys I would've been lost. You've granted me happiness, love and honesty. You've taught me so much and I'm gonna miss you. Now I'm going to come hug you."  Penelope steps down. Everyone says there goodbyes and we spend the rest of the night laughing and watching Spence do magic with the kids.

I look around at my family then up to the sky thanking every angel watching over me. Grace, Angelina, Alana even my dad. I just breathe taking it all in. My family is safe, I'm safe. I'm one of the lucky survivors.

I went from victim to a lover!