Chapter 17: Caution to the wind

I get a feeling of Deja vu walking along the path wearing the same dark hood, the same appearance charm, and carrying the same Direction filled basket. I walk along the path under the canopy of branches and leaves hanging over. This place really is of beauty… too bad it's too dangerous for the rest of my people to enjoy.

I don’t know what my plan is exactly, but I am praying to Disney that the mean giant troll isn’t at the market. If he was then I wouldn’t be surprised if he upright tried to kill me. I mean I have never come to the black market on back-to-back days and to be honest I have never been more nervous coming here.

“Hey pretty girl!” My head whips up at the chirpy voice that stands out in perfect contrast to the forests eerie silence. My eyes immediately connect with extravagant blue ones, it's him. I blush from him calling me pretty but then I remember I don’t even look like myself, how disappointing.

Hiding my disappointment I put on a weak smile “Mystery guy? Who knew I would see you again.”

He gives me a funny look and I laugh, “I knew I couldn’t not see you again! I mean sure you're pretty but your mind is immensely compelling, and let me tell you, you don’t get that much with girls,” He is clearly flirting but I take the bite.

“So does that mean you like guys more?” I ask, sending him a wink and he stalks toward me with an offended look.

I laugh at his reaction and he smiles a perfect smile “I’ll have you know I’m only into one person right now and they are not a guy,” And just like that I seem to forget about everything, me and Lilly, the Malum, the world. It’s me and mystery guy standing in not a creepy forest but a peaceful beauty. He reaches out his hand and snags my wrist gently pulling at it “Let me take you somewhere. I mean, before you run away.”

I wanted to say yes, or sure, but that didn’t really happen instead an embarrassing giggle escaped my lips and my free hand flew up to cover it. Oh god, I look down avoiding his gaze, why am I such a loser? Now he’s going to think that I have never flirted with a guy and that I can’t handle myself. Now besides the fact that that’s possibly true for most us royals, basically me and Lilly, I think I might like this guy and my stupid giggle just had to go and ruin it!

Suddenly I feel soft fingers grab the bottom of my chin, shivers run through me as he lifts my head up and looks into my eyes, a wide smile on his face “You're adorable,” He laughs and tugs at my hand again “Come on,” And just like that were walking.

Okay now I like the guy! But who is he? A guy that’s sweet, cute, attractive- no gorgeous, and smiles! I found him in the evil, dark, scary part of Doomsday! It just doesn’t make sense, maybe he has some weird trait or fetish, maybe he’s just doing this so he can take my… my… my feet! Ya he has a feet fetish!

“Ewe,” I say.