Chapter 19: You love Tigerlily?

Our feet land on the ground just as the party is starting. People circle around the fire banging on drums and chanting strange words that I don’t recognize. I see the Lost Boy’s dancing around and banging their chests. The energy here is crazy, powerful enough to raise someone from an eternal sleep. You don’t just hear the drums, you feel then, pounding through your skins and running through your blood. It becomes apart of you in the best way possible.

        Peter tugs at my hand and leads me over to the side to whisper in my ear “Don’t smoke anything, it makes you go a different kind of crazy,” And just like that he drags me into the throng of people, moving and dancing to the beat.

         I join along jumping up and down. The Lost Boy’s form a line marching around the camp and I follow along, yelling and pounding my chest like we are one in the same, all of us having the best night of our lives. The line stops at a women holding a bowl of black liquid, it looks weird and repellent but she uses it to draw on each of the boys faces, making them fit in a little bit more. When she gets to me I happily let her draw on my face, ignoring the potent smell coming from the stuff.

        We continue this for what feels like hours dancing around tepees. The sun had disappeared along the horizon a long time ago and the playful moon floated above us as a spotlight. As it seems like nothing could make my time better I spot the beauty that is Tigerlilly standing to the side with Peter, his arm wrapped around her shoulder in an embrace. I watch them, analyze them if you will and a thought crosses my mind. Maybe Tigerlily is the girl Peter was talking about, not Tinkerbelle. I mean he does have his arm around her and they are both as happy as anything. The only weird thing that stuck out to me was they were both watching me.

         I stumbled over to them, when I reached them I threw my arms up in excitement “Tigerlily!” She laughs with me and I go in to hug her quickly when I stand back I continue my rambling “You know you are my favorite princess of all time!” I yell, smiling wide.

        She blushes a bit “Well I personally love the princess of Doomsland the most, I mean she is yo-” Peter slaps a hand over her mouth and glares daggers at her, both of them sharing an unspoken conversation between them. Okay what just happened? What is Doomsland?

        Tigerlilly takes a step back, smiling at me before turning away and joining into the party once again. I look back at Peter with a questioning stare but he only takes my hands in his and drags me away from the loud shouts and chants.

        He continues guiding me into the jungle finally stopping at a big tree. He sits down at the stomp, pulling me down with him. Without the running around and screaming I feel the soft cold wind in the nights air and a shiver runs through my body. Peter notices and scoots closer to me, wrapping his arm around my waist… More shivers, just not from the cold.

         “If you could wish for anything, what would it be?” He asks taking me by surprise.