Chapter 48: You were dead!

As soon as my feet touch the ground I take a look at my surroundings hoping to Disney that my sisters have a plan and didn't just come in here to say hello. My eyes find Knox where he stands behind Mack, holding a knife to her throat as she struggled against him. Bloodshed took the time to kill the enemy trolls, mauling them until their screams were silenced. 

 With the trolls gone Wilfred turned his attention back to what was happening and when he saw me his eyes went as wide as golfballs. I guess I should give them some credit, they believed I was dead. I mean how could you not? I was listening in on Knox's story and it sounded so believeable I wanted to slap him for putting them through that.

 What had really happened was just as the Jabberwocky blew fire Bloodshed escaped and tackled the Jabberwocky to the ground as they fought to the death. Knox, having put himself between me and the beast suffered from a painful burns. If Bloodshed hadn't broken loose when he did, I fear what would have happened to Knox. After getting Knox onto the dragons back we were able to escape just as the roof shattered to the ground, the fire having weakened it. 

 We landed in a familiar meadow and there we planned our idea of attack. Knox made the well educated guess that Athena and Chloe would go to fight the Malum. When it came to figuring out how we would get in and have the upper hand Knox suggested that he approached them and swear that he had been working for them the entire time, hopefully appealing to Mack's flirty side. I felt bad making him do it because of how much pain he was in because of the burn but we had been able to find a unicorn. If a unicorn licks a wound it doesn't heal it but it does take away a greater amount of the pain. 

 "You- You were dead!" Cecil yelled at me, staring at me with shock evident in her eyes. So this was the woman who tried to kill me, that's embarrassing. Athena starts to move behind her, slowly building strength.

 I smile smugly at her and cross my arms over my chest, quirking an eyebrow. The attitude I gave off enraged her to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if steam started to come out of her ears. 

 Her pointed eyes seemed to wander away from me and widened even more when she noticed Mack in such a position. 

 "But- But," She stuttered staring at Knox who she believed was on her side. Serves her right!

Knox began to laugh an evil laugh, that boy is too good at this "Sorry Cecil but you just happened to try and kill the one person in these goddamn worlds that I actually care about so excuse me while I kill your only friend and then the only person you care about," His words sound like venom, paralyzing those who listen. At the mention of someone she cares about he glances at Will, making what he intended to do clear. 

 It was only then that I actually realized he was in the room. I watched as he slowly moved towards Athena, being careful to stay out of his mothers focus. I knew I wouldn't let Knox kill him but after everything that has happened I can't help but hate the guy. He probably knew about the Jabberwocky before anyone else but he turned a blind eye. If he didn't love my sister and she didn't love him just as much without realizing it I wouldn't hesitate to have one of my animals chop his head off. 

 "You can't do this! Malum is inevitable! We will not lose and you will all die!" She began laughing, not in a sinister was but more crazed, she had completely lost it. Her confident composure had turned into something else entirely, she had reached a breaking point. Her eyes were mad, her once perfect blond hair was a complete mess and her stance now seemed almost skittish. 

 This should be interesting. 

 Will finally made it to Athena without being noticed and started picking her up. I could tell he was being as gentle as he could but the sight of her wincing made me want to yell at him. Chloe seemed utterly confused and watched everything curiously.