Chapter 16: I am really worried

Flying up in the clouds is the best thing in the world. It is calming and relaxing, being surrounded by the consuming sound of wind as a fly by. It’s moments like these, the ones with complete peace that really gives me time to think. That’s why whenever I do my rounds I head to the mines first, they are the closest, and then afterwards I fly an even longer distance to the enchanted forest.

The mines are located just under the mountains that our castle rests on top of. I arrive quickly ready for a simple check in just to make sure production is running smoothly. Before heading off into the mine I retract my charcoal wings and put my black aviator sunglasses on. Something you should know about fallen stars, just because they are fallen does not mean they no longer shine. Those things are really bright which makes them easy to find just hard to look at with a bare eye. Hunching down to make myself the same height as all the dwarfs I walk… or crawl into the channel of caves in search for Tina.

Tina is the person who ran the mine. She kept everyone in order and made sure nothing was out of place. Whenever I wanted the run down of everything here she was the first person I would talk to… well the only person I talk to. Remember, I am not a talker unless I am insulting someone and my citizens are too great to insult. After about five minutes of going through the tunnels and dwarfs constantly not meeting my eyes I spot the big boned, pink headed dwarf ordering people around.

“Tina!” I yell drawing her attention, she looks for the voice that summoned her, looking stressed and about to yell at whomever was brave enough to interrupt her. Well let’s just say as soon as her eyes met mine, that look vanished. A smile was flown onto her face and she floated over to me as if there has never and will never be a problem, that’s never good.

She grabs the tip of my finger, mostly because she can’t reach any higher, and drags me all the way out of mine. But oh no, she couldn’t stop there, we continued to a spring hidden at the side of the mountain. When we finally stop you can hear the splashing of the falls, loud enough the cover over a conversation. Now I am really worried.

“Okay so we may…”

“Have a problem?” I interrupt.

She smiles sheepishly and takes a cowardly step back “We have lost some,” I quirk an eyebrow and lean forward, cupping my ear so she gets the message to go on “The fallen stars we had in storage,” Oh Disney please stop! “I never really do this but I got a weird feeling this morning so I got some other dwarfs to go through storage down at the back of the mountain. When I got the numbers they didn’t match up with the ones I already had.”

I’m sure my face was pale by this point, our stars are locked up airtight, and those things are powerful in terms of magic and sell for a lot of money. Whatever reason someone would have to take them would not be a good one, if you collect enough of them, the outcome is dangerous. Which is exactly why we monitor the amount in each world. We recently cut off Wonderland because they were really stocking up.

“Tina how many?” I ask, needing to know. We have thousands in storage due to supply and demand. Well there is a lot of supply and the demand is through the roof but we can only allow a world to have a few hundred at a time.

“Well… Uh… This might not be completely correct, I mean they only re-counted the storage over three times but-”

“How many?” I yell to stop her constant rambling.

By now she looks petrified “A little over a thousand…” She says so quiet you could have mistaken it for a breath but I heard it loud and clear. This is bad! This is really bad!

“Tina I want the mines closed down now! Everyone has to leave and be questioned, I hate to do it but it needs to be done. Then I want you to close everything up but I want you to stay. Me and the General will come back as soon as we can.” I order, this has to happen as soon as possible.

Tine remains terrified “Is… Is it bad?” She asks with a weak voice. I can’t even express how bad this is so without answering I walk away deep into the woods where Tina can no longer see me before spreading my wings and shooting up into the sky.

****Heyy if you liked this chapter please turn the star yellow... or white depending on the device your using! And be sure to comment your favorite or maybe least favorite parts? I welcome criticism!

Picture ^ or > is of the mine... kind of. I imagine a bigger mountain and wayyyy brighter tunnels but this is good enough! Stop judging me!

Any way stay classy

TDD <3