chapter nine.

a/n: hey everyone!! sorry for not updating in so long, i haven't really gotten the time to do so, along with some writer's block qwp,,, i hope you all enjoy!!

====TW: SWEARING, GUNS====

words: 3667

(y/n)'s pov~

benrey sends a smirk in my direction while gordon looks back at me with an almost offended look as i start to calm down from my laughing fit.

"what are you doing here?" benrey asks, bringing his attention back to gordon. 

gordon stares back at him blankly, slowly lifting his crowbar up and putting a hand on benrey's shoulder.

"bruh," he starts, "you are actively impeding our progress." 

"yeah?" benrey says back nonchalantly.

i see a glint of hatred in gordon's eye as he actually brings the crowbar down, harshly hitting benrey in the head. the smile on my lips dissipates as i look at the two men in slight worry of the tension that's grown between them. i notice gordon's breathing is heavily in anger, his free hand clenched tightly.

"get the fuck back. i'm not taking your shit anymore, man." gordon says in a deep and intimidating tone, the look in his eyes becoming more grim by the second.

"did you just hit me?" benrey says in slight disbelief, ghosting a hand near the spot gordon had just bonked.

"i did! i did just hit you. i'm sick of you! i'm not going to passport inspection, are you here to take me to passport inspection? is that why you're fucking back? i thought you died!" gordon shouts in benrey's face.

"yeah so?"

the sound of the comms going off blares from the speakers again, "GORDON. FREEMAN. YOU. ARE. WANTED. FOR. PASSPORT. INSPECTION." the message repeats.

"you hear that?" benrey asks him, arms crossed with a slightly impatient look on his face.

"i hear that-" gordon starts, immediately getting cut off by benrey.

 "-they know you're here. you're not 'sposed to be here." benrey continues.

gordon looks back to us and lets out a tired chuckle, "what do you want me to do?"

"you wanna stop moving? why are you avoiding eye contact?"

gordon lets out another laugh, "i'm looking at my buddies- what do you want me to do, lay down and die? you want me to just stay in black mesa? while the fucking sol-"

"yeah sure. yeah. yeah." benrey tells him, a smug look making its way onto his face. 

"i'm not about to do that. 'kay?" 

benrey clears his throat as he lets gordon get onto the elevator, "well.. well y'know. i'll just have to follow you then." gordon looks between benrey and the rest of the group, "make sure you're not gonna steal anymore.. carts like you did earlier."

"are you on his side? are you on his side about all this? 'cause we- " gordon asks, almost speechless from the words coming out of benrey's mouth. 

"gordon, is there an issue? i would like to get moving soon." dr. coomer asks him, shifting idly in his spot.

"we outnumber this guy five to one.-"

"GORDON. FREEMAN. YOU. ARE. WANTED. IMMEDIATELY." the robotic voice says throughout the lab.