chapter five.

a/n: Y'ALL-... 1K+ READS ALREADY-??! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU, I'M SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! <3

====TW: SWEARING====

words: 3405

(y/n)'s pov~

we walk into a small storage room to take a small break from all of the chaos of black mesa, benrey once again temporarily disappearing from existence. gordon finally decided it was time for tommy to have his own weapon, giving him a pistol he didn't need anymore. tommy looked over at me with a wide smile, signalling to his new gun which made me chuckle a bit.

"woah.." bubby mumbles, staring at tommy with awe.

"alright, you ready to use that thing?" gordon asks him.

tommy looks at the gun, shoots a practice shot right next to gordon, then mutters a quick "yeah,"

"you think you know what- you, alright you can handle it? okay, so.. a couple-" tommy shoots another practice shot to the wall again, "no, no, no, no! you don't just shoot it! you don't just shoot it.. when there's people around! only use-"

"that was a test," tommy informs him.

"you don't need to test a gun! okay? now-" now bubby shoots a bullet at the wall, zipping in front of gordon's face making him let out a muffled groan, "bro-!"

"sorry, my bad," bubby lazily replies, not making eye contact with gordon.

we all leave the storage room, going down the hallway on the other side. we start to go up a flight of stairs when gordon spots a new guard.

"hey! oh my god another security guard, somebody armed," gordon says out loud with relief. they start to converse a little before dr. coomer walks up and punches the man, freaking him out and causing him to start shooting at gordon, "don't punch him!-" at that point everyone else had taken care of the man, "why did you do that?! assume that if we threaten anyone, they will assume we are a threat, coomer. don't just be punching people in the thighs! i just took a-" gordon scolds.

he gets cut off by coomer's abrupt, "hello, gordon!" as he gets calmed by benrey, who at some point joined us again.

"i just took a- HELLO!" gordon yells back, clearly angered and annoyed at the fact that coomer isn't listening to a word he's saying.

"hey, hey, c'mon, let's just- keep going, alright? coomer's just-.. doing a coomer thing, i don't think he means to annoy you," i tell him, attempting to calm his temper.

he looks at me and takes a deep breath, letting out a light sigh and places his hand on my shoulder, "thank you," he says to me, his voice just barely above a whisper.

his green eyes pierce into mine, a soft look with a small undertone of despair lie within them. i smile and place my hand on his warm one on my shoulder. the others are already sprinting up the stairs, not paying any mind to the fact they're leaving us behind. 

"we should go catch up with the others," i tell him, still keeping the strong eye contact we have going.

"oh yeah- uh- right, right," he quickly replies, a faint pink forming on his face. he hesitates for a moment before grabbing my hand and we start to walk up the stairs together. i look down at our hands and start to snicker at the way he's holding my hand, making him turn his head to glance back at me with confusion and a twinge of embarrassment, "wh- what?"

"no, no- it's just," i let out a small laugh before continuing, "if you wanna hold my hand i don't mind but you should just actually hold it," i tease.