chapter twelve.

====TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH, SYRINGES, GUNS/SHOOTING, DEREALIZATION====

words: 3151

(y/n)'s pov~

i helped gordon drag dr. coomer's unconscious body down the hallway as the other three trailed behind. benrey tussled coomer's hair a bit, commentating about how soft it was to all of us as we walked. coomer began to slowly regain his composure, popping right back to his usual behavior once he was fully back in his own head. 

coomer immediately began to make the rest of the group more lively, everyone except for gordon running past us and towards the train in the distance.

"are you feeling any better?" i lightly ask him.

gordon turns his head to me, "yeah actually, that little moment we had to ourselves back there was nice. it really- it really let me calm my nerves for a bit," he admits, smiling.

i nodded, not being able to make eye contact with him, "i'm- i'm really glad to hear it,"

"where'd all that confidence from earlier today go, hm?" gordon teases, nudging my arm a bit. 

i chuckle at his teasing, "it's still here, i'm just... tired," i tell him.

"excuses, excuses,"

i scoff in amusement as we make it to the train with the others. benrey slow claps loud enough for us to hear, sitting on a ledge next to bubby who was waving at me.

"woooow. look who's- look at the lovebirds," benrey says aloud to us, shooting a look at gordon.

"what, are you mad? you jealous or something?" gordon smugly says back to him.

benrey's mouth parted but no sound came out. his cheeks began to darken and he shook his head, loudly mumbling gibberish under his breath. gordon scoffed, continuing to walk towards the train as i followed him.

i heard footsteps quickly approaching behind us, a small "hey!" indicating that it was tommy.

i turned my head around to see his lanky figure a few feet behind us, his lab coat softly flowing behind him. i stopped walking for a few moments to let him catch up with me, feeling my heart softly flutter at how content and happy he looked. his footsteps slowed down as he caught up to me, slightly panting from jogging.

"you didn't wanna wait for the others, tommy?" i ask him, beginning to walk as he trailed slightly behind.

"no... i wanted to ride on the train!" he replies with a small smile.

i smile back at him as we walk up to the train in a comfortable silence, watching gordon hop on the train and skim through the different buttons and levers. tommy greets gordon as we hop on as well, trying to help gordon as he struggled to get the train to start.

"press 'FORWARD'!" bubby shouts out to us from the other room, beginning to grow impatient.

gordon pushes the button again to no avail, "it didn't budge," he slightly shouts back. 

he walks slightly backwards as tommy takes his spot, pressing the same button gordon did. the train abruptly began to move, making me wobble a bit and almost lose my balance. tommy noticed this, grabbing my wrist as he held onto the safety railing with his other hand. he pulled me away from the ledge, putting myself super close near gordon and tommy. 

"oh there we go," gordon says, unaware that i almost just fell off of the train.

"there you go," bubby mumbles as he watches us slowly make our way out of the tunnel.