chapter nineteen.

a/n: NAHHH YOU THOUGHT DSHFJGYHFGVDDFV-,,, THAT WAS ONE OF SEVERAL ENDINGS TO PASSPORTS :DDDDDD HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CONTINUATION!! I ALSO HAVE SOME ART MAD BY MY AMAZING FRIEND Twisted_MidKnight , IT WILL BE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER <33333

====TW: MENTIONS OF BLOOD, INJURY, SLIGHT ANGST====

words: 1510

(y/n)'s pov~

cold.

it was cold.

i felt myself shudder, then immediately felt pain rush through my body. i winced loudly and i slowly opened my eyes, squinting to try and let my eyes adjust to the bright surroundings. once i was fully accustomed to the brightness, i looked around in confusion.

'where the hell am i?'

'i don't remember when... when did we..'

...then it all came back to me.

my heart started to race and my breathing was now heavy. i started to look around more frantically, but there was no one else around.

"gordon?.." i called out, my voice hoarse and croaky. there was no answer.

"tommy?" i shouted out again. nothing.

"coomer?- bubby?" silence.

"...benrey?"

my throat began to burn at this point and my eyes began to water in fear. i attempted to calm myself down but to no avail, my breath still shaky and my vision scattered. after a few moments i finally reached into my pocket and grabbed a can of soda, listening to the top crack open as i chugged the cold liquid, not caring that it was slightly foaming up in the process. i swallowed hard and took in deep breaths as i stared down at the sprite in my hands.

there was a metallic taste to the soda, and i assumed it was from the punches i had taken who knows how long ago. i tried to convince myself that everything was okay, but the aching in my body along with the swollen feeling of my face said otherwise.

i felt tears pooling up in my eyes again as i hung my head low, "..fuck," i whimpered out, feeling alone and now vulnerable to anything and everything in black mesa.

'this could be it. they could all be dead and i'd just be... alone. searching endlessly until i decide to- stop.. playing.' i thought to myself.

i could always just... stop playing. i'd be shaken up for a few days, sure, but then i'd continue to live my actual life. not as a 'scientist', not in black mesa, just... me. i'd eventually forget about the science team, gordon, even benrey at some point anyways, so..

why not just... cut it short?

"...hello?"

...what?

i whipped my head over to the sound of the oh-so-familiar voice, which i slightly regretted once i felt pain shoot up my neck.

"TOMMY!" i shouted back to the tall figure in disbelief, now capturing his attention as well. i watched his eyes light up in awe as i got up from the ground, beginning to run over to him. i could barely notice the pain due to the excitement of seeing him, and the wide smile on his face as he rushed up to me as well already made me glad that i didn't leave.