Chapter 63

Warning: although I re-read and edited the chapter, I'm sure they're still mistakes and some misspellings here and there that I failed to notice. Please notify me when you see something wrong.
•Don't forget to vote and comment•
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I honestly don't know," Casper sits and buries his head in his palms as he takes a seat on the couch.

My heart drops as I sense his frustrations and anger through the mate bond and I take a seat beside him, rubbing his back.

There's a long period of silence and I assume that everyone is trying to think of a solution to this problem.

"I've done a terrible job protecting you and Javier haven't I?"

"No shit." Noel replies.

"Could you stop that noel." I snap at him and turn to face Casper.

"You haven't done a terrible job. You've done the best you can do and that's enough. This situation is just out of everyone's control and it's not your fault."

He doesn't say anything in reply to my words of comfort but he squeezes my hand and after a while, he stands up from the couch.

"We need to go to your grandparents."

"Why?"

"We obviously can't think of anything here. If we join heads with them, we might come up with a better solution."

Victor stops him, "We can't involve more people in this. We're putting them in trouble. Not just with the bastard who's hell bent on taking the soul of innocent children but also with the law.", He continues, "What do you think will happen to them if council of elders find out that we were involved in the hiding of a wanted woman?"

No one seems to have a reply.

"And you can't go to Martin, you'll be putting the royal family in trouble with the elders and the citizens. We can bear any punishment for protecting odetta but we can't involve more people."

There's silence for a while as everyone is seriously considering victor's words and Isabella speaks up rubbing victor's shoulder while looking at him, "I understand where you're coming from babe but if we can't think of anything good and odetta gets caught, we'll be in deeper trouble and everything is going to be bigger than what we can handle." She stops rubbing his shoulder comfortingly and turns to look at us, "We have to take this risk while we have at least some control over the situation"

"So—", Sebastian starts, "what are we doing?"

Everyone looks at victor and he looks deep in thought. With one hand on his hip and the other massaging his temple, he sighs, "we have to hurry up, we don't have time. Knowing the council, they'll be here early tomorrow morning."

"Noel and I will take care of the kids while you go pack. Just stuff anything into any bag."

I nod and immediately run up the stairs. I enter my room and start throwing some clothes into a small bag. Then I go to javier's room and throw some clothes into the bag just in case and it doesn't take anything to zip the bag.

When I get downstairs, I don't even get a word out as victor doesn't waste time ushering me out of the house and into the car. I get into the back seat and keep the bag beside me, Casper carefully places a sleeping Javier in my arms. He gets into the driver seat as Noel takes his place beside him in the passenger seat.

Before Casper can drive off, I see Alexa walk over to the car. "I know it might not be my place to say this but please be safe, we'll do whatever we can to keep you safe from here."