Chapter 57

Warning: although I re-read and edited the chapter, I'm sure they're still mistakes and some misspellings here and there that I failed to notice. Please notify me when you see something wrong.
•Don't forget to vote and comment•
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for coming to lunch."

"The pleasure is all mine." I give the king a small bow of my head. He leaves his seat at the head of the long table where over thirty vampires who I assume are family members to help pull my chair back.

I sit down and smile at him as Sebastian takes a seat beside me, "Thank you."

"Grand father, you don't need to that." A man who looks like a spitting image of Edna scoffs.

The king, frowns at him and he shuts up, "She's our esteemed guest and she will be treated accordingly regardless of her kind."

The man glares at me and I try not to squirm in my position from the stares of all the vampires in the room. I look at the king who is smiling and conversing with Edna. For a man over 300 years old, he doesn't look old; infact, he looks like he would pass for a man in his early fifties.

He notices me staring and looks at me, "I hope your trip around our territory went well?"

"Your kingdom is beautiful your majesty." I reply. He beams at my answer and makes a signal with his fingers. Immediately, servants start serving food onto my plate. I look around where everyone's meal is different from mine and Sebastian.

The king notices the look of uncertainty on my face, "Are you dissatisfied? We made sure to prepare delicacies from werewolf territory incase you were uncomfortable."

So that's what it is. I was worried, they were planning something.

"We even made sure to research on ingredients that are helpful for a pregnant she-wolf." Edna adds.

"Isn't she a bit ungrateful after we went through so much efforts to make her comfortable." Another woman who looked nothing like Edna or the man from earlier, sneered.

"Enough Camilla." The king's booming voice resonates throughout the whole room and I feel shivers down my spine, "I will not hesitate to punish anyone who speaks out of line towards my guests."

Everyone one in the room goes silent but I can feel their burning hate for me through their stares. Edna offers me an apologetic smile while Sebastian growls back at them.

I touch Sebastian's hand under the table to calm him down and keep him in line, "It's okay your majesty, we are sworn enemies after all. I was expecting a bit of hostility. I'm just here to offer my assistance."

"You're my guest and any disrespect to you, is a direct insult to me," He says looking at me. "Which will not be taken lightly." He continues and turns his gaze to the rest of the people sitting at the table challenging them but they don't rise up to the challenge.

Not wanting to argue with the king, I just give him a small bow of my head, "Thank you."

The rest of lunch goes by smoothly with Edna and the king engaging Sebastian and I in conversation while the air remained tense. Edna and Sebastian escorted me back to my room to get the herbs and remaining equipments I wanted to use for the ritual.

They lead me to a beautiful large room filled with light. As large as the room was, the only furnitures in the room were a desk, an armchair and a bed.

I step closer to the bed and look down at a little girl laying in the middle. She didn't look older than four years old. She looked like Edna with her high cheekbones and her black hair fanned our around her.