Chapter 13. The Way we Love

As Eric finished packing his bag to leave for the airport, he picked up his wallet to look at  Tanya's photograph.  That  picture was like his good luck charm. 'What the fuck, it's missing.'  Amanda came to mind.  After the long drawn out fight he had with Amanda, he wondered if she went through his shit and destroyed Tanya's picture. That girl was fucking crazy, he couldn't believe that she cut all four of his tires. The car wasn't even his. He was glad to be rid of her. She may look like Tanya but she was nothing like his perfect Princess, he thought as he continued to look for the photograph.

Eric looked over at his cousin Luke who was fixated on something in his hand.  Eric couldn't believe what he was seeing. 'Tell me that's not Tanya's picture the motherfucker is  drooling at.'  Eric grabbed the photograph away from Luke.  "Where  the fuck did you get this?!" Eric asked angrily.

"It was on your desk dude." Luke said ignoring the tone in Eric's voice.

"On my desk?!"   It was always in his wallet.  

"Mother fucker did go through my wallet?!" Eric asked through clenched teeth.

"No bro, I swear; the picture was sitting right there on your desk," Luke said.

"Who is she? She is stunning, and so innocent, not your  type," Luke said.

"Get the fuck out of here!" Eric told him.

"Sure, but don't you need a ride to the airport?" Luke asked lifting a brow and smiling at Eric.

Eric thought for a moment.  "I will meet you downstairs. Get your ass out of here."  He pushed Luke out the door. 

'I am sure the fucker is lying.' 

 Apart from being cousins and attending the same college, Eric and Luke were like night and day.  Luke was a strait-laced med student and Eric was just the life of the party breaking every rule he could get away with. They had nothing in common. It was out of desperation that Eric asked Luke to take him to the airport.   Eric was totally pissed at Luke for drooling over Tanya's picture.  Eric looked at the picture, kissed it and gently placed it back in his wallet.

                                                                                      ***********

Eric was back on the island for Tanya's 17th birthday just like he promised.  He had something special planned for her birthday.  He refused to say  what it was, but he told her she would know soon enough.  Eric's parents and his sisters were away in the US and he had the house all to himself for the next week and he was ecstatic about that.  

The  plan was for him and Tanya  to meet and spend most of the day together driving up the coast to go have lunch and then go swimming.  They decided that they would meet in town. Tanya told her mother she was going shopping for her birthday and then meet Sophia, a former class mate, for Lunch.     

Her father dropped her off at the store and gave her money to shop for her birthday.  He  told Tanya to buy something ladylike because she was not a little girl anymore. Tanya rolled her eyes. She wished he would truly see her as a young lady and not a little girl. Tanya knew that buying something ladylike meant buy  nothing that showed skin.  

Tanya went into the store.  She wondered what to buy because everything youthful  showed skin.  She picked up three outfits, two for her and one for her baby sister Jess and checked out. She quickly left the store to meet Eric.  He was waiting for her as she walked to the corner of the street from the store.  He reached over and kissed her as she got in the car. Tanya noticed that he was heading in the opposite direction.