Chapter 5. Out Of Control

Eric loved spending time up in the hills with his Uncle Linden.  He enjoyed  the conversation and the marijuana farm was like icing on the cake. 

Eric became quiet. "What's on your mind?" His uncle asked.

"I am crazy about  this girl.......but she is a bit young. I don't want to cheat but....." 

"Is this about sex?" His uncle asked. 

Eric looked at his uncle.  "Yeah among other things." 

"Mind  your ass end up in jail; how old is this girl?" 

"Fifteen," Eric mumbled.  

"Fifteen?!  No Aya, dat a jail time;  listen up, there are tons a pretty girls up here if you need to release some energy," uncle Linden laughed. 

Eric nodded in agreement.  "But I want her." 

Uncle Linden took a pull on the huge Marijuana  joint  and passed it to Eric. 

"Give it time son, but for now, leave it alone." Linden advised.  

Eric  took a pull on the joint and blew the smoke up into the air.  "This is some good shit."

He passed the joint back to his uncle.

"Jah Rastafari" His Uncle Linden echoed.

                                                                                          *********** 

Eric's uncle wore his hair in long never ending dread loc.  Eric wanted his hair like that too but he knew his parents would kill him on sight, But Tanya? He had to know.  

Eric stretched out on the grass with his head in Tanya's lap.  Tanya gently combed through his hair as she get ready to style it into a top knot.  She commented on how long his hair had gotten. 

"You don't like it long?" Eric asked. 

"I love it and I love styling it,."

"Do you mind if I dread loc my hair?" Eric asked.

Tanya laughed.  "No, but I think it would take years to loc your texture of hair."  Eric thought that Tanya would be against  him dread locking his hair, but she wasn't.   'Good to know.' he thought.

Whenever Tanya  go out of town for volley ball tournaments, Eric always took off from work to attend her games.  It gave Eric and Tanya the opportunity to spend time together...just one of the few opportunities they get to be together.  She usually travels with the team to the events but would make up some stories so she could travel back with Eric.

Eric parked his truck off to the side  as the team lined up to board the bus to the tournament.  Eric was in a bad mood. He knew what went down at these games and he knew a lot of boys from his high school would be there to prey on the girls.  He was one of those guys a year ago. 

Tanya looked over at Eric. "You ok? She mouthed.

He nodded.  "See you later," he mouthed back.

Tanya walked over to Eric.  "We will have time together on the way back; I love you," she whispered.  

He smiled. "Just remember who loves you," he said.       

Tanya was on the field when a boy walked over to  her.  "You play very well." He said.  Boys always tend to gravitate toward Tanya.

"You also very pretty - awesome combination." The boy continued.

Knowing Eric was watching, Tanya smiled and walked away.   As the games came to an end, Tanya sat down to take her sneakers off. The same boy came and sat down on the ground in front of her.