Chapter 4. Her Good to His Bad

They could not be more different.  Bad boy Eric was wild, out of control with an obnoxious  potty  mouth. What a  hell raiser he was.  Tanya  was innocent and angelic, a real lady.   It was a true example of the devil meets an angel, but if anyone could tame Eric, Tanya could.  One could see the change in him, the gentleness in his eyes when he was around her.

Eric and Tanya were now a couple but the depth of intimacy that he craved was missing from their relationship. With the exception of school, Tanya was off limits. She was not allowed to go anywhere by herself. So school was it for them. There was also the fact that she was young and.....innocent and that was something Eric had to deal with.  He was young, but innocent, he was not.  He promised Tanya there would be no sex until she said otherwise. This was new for him and so damn hard.

It was customary  on the island to take long walks in the evenings after dinner.  Tanya used that as an excuse to see Eric. One evening  as Tanya and Jessica, her baby sister,  got ready to leave for their walk, Jessica blurted out, " Is Eric coming too?"

Tanya's mother stopped what she was doing, apparently shocked at what she heard.

Tanya's mother was livid.  "Eric?! Tell me this is NOT Sahita's son." 

Tanya didn't know what to say, so she kept quiet.                                                  

  "Are you seriously talking to that boy?" her mother asked.    

Her mother could hardly wait to tell her husband.   He  paced the floor without saying a word and Tanya knew that she was in trouble.  Then he turned to his wife.  "Did he touch her?" he asked his wife.  

Mrs. Johnson  looked at her husband flustered at the question, then she turned to Tanya.  And Tanya knew what that meant.

"Daddy Eric and I just talk when  we  see each other on the trail. Sometimes when Jess and I  go walking we see him on the trail jogging; that's all," Tanya tried her best to explain.

"Talk to him? Talk to him about what?" her father demanded to know.  Tanya shrugged her shoulders.

"It's...it's just talk Daddy...about sports,." She stuttered.

Saying that the man was angry would be an understatement.  "That boy is a pot head  and a scoundrel  going around ruining girls like you.  Don't  ever let me catch yu talking to that Willbrooks boy; he is trouble; If I catch yu wid him he is dead, dead do yu hear me?!"

Tanya quickly nodded.  

"ANSWER ME!" He shouted.

"Yes Daddy."   

Mr. Johnson was known as the "John Wayne" of the district, named after the famous movie gunslinger and the man never leave home without his guns. This made Tanya extremely nervous for Eric.

Mr. Johnson turned on his wife Edie blaming her for what Tanya did.  

"If yu can't watch out for the kids and work at the store then yu need to quit the store and be home for them; I don't have to tell yu that they are our priority,"  Mr. Johnson told his wife and stormed out of the room.

Tanya couldn't remember ever seeing her father that angry at her before.  She was his favorite; every one thought so and she hated for him to be mad at her.  For the next week Mr. Johnson barely talked to Tanya and when she looked at him she could see the disappointment in his eyes.  And her mother was equally mad at her.

                                                                                  ***************

The Johnsons owned several super stores throughout the island and Tanya's mother operated the store closest to home.  She grabbed Tanya by her ear and twisted it hard. Tanya yelped in pain. Mrs. Johnson made it clear to Tanya that she was not about to become a stay at home mother again because of her. Tanya got the warning loud and clear.  She knew she would have to work hard to regain the thrust of her parents.