Chapter 24

I groaned in protest when Vincent pulled away

I groaned in protest when Vincent pulled away. He chuckled and ran small circles on my back now. I was debating on pulling him in for another kiss or not.

"I'm not leaving you alone in this, I promise."

"As much as I would love the support I don't think this is going to sit too well with my dad."

"Your dad can't keep me away from you. Speaking of your dad, he's here."

"How do you know that?"

Vincent stayed quiet and then we heard yelling downstairs. I looked at Vincent and he turned to meet my eyes. My dad was angry. I could hear it in the way he was yelling.

I started getting up but Vincent was already sweeping me in his arms. He walked down stairs to the living room where Donovan, my dad, and Kyle stood. My dad was still yelling at Archie when Vincent set me on my feet. He kept an arm around me so I wouldn't fall. I tried to ignore the ache and the pains all over my body.

"She is alive and that is all that matters." Archie said.

"All that matters." My dad scoffed. "I told you I didn't want your boys around her! Do you have any idea of what you've done? This has gotten to the Elders."

"With all due respect, Sir," Vincent said. "It was me that decided not to listen to my uncle."

My dad turned and his eyes immediately zeroed in on me. I saw his eyes darken and he was visibly shaking. He was definitely angry, but I didn't expect what happened next.

He started to change. It was so fast that I barely had time to blink. I screamed and stumbled back. I would have fallen but Vincent wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up to place me behind him.

"You're scaring her. Archie, do something." Vincent said angrily.

I heard a huff followed by a low growl. I clung to Vincent and closed my eyes tightly. My dad just turned into a wolf. It was so fast I could have missed it, but it happened. I didn't want to believe it, and I didn't want to look to confirm what I had just seen.

"Archie please talk to him. He's scaring her." Vincent said.

"He wants you to get away from her." Don spoke. "I suggest you do what he says."

"She's scared!" Vincent shouted. "She just found out about werewolves. How do you think she feels seeing her father turn into one? I'm not letting her go if she doesn't want to."

"He's her father!" Kyle snapped. "You have no claim over her, dog."

"and you do? I told you I'm not going anywhere unless she tells me to. She was attacked last night and I was there to protect her." Vincent said.

"How do we know it wasn't you, dog?" Kyle said accusingly. "You've been trying to get your paws all over my-"

"I would never hurt her!" Vincent shouted and a growl left his mouth. "I love her more than you can imagine."