Prologue

Nothing was out of place in Ashburn, but something was different

Nothing was out of place in Ashburn, but something was different. It was the calm before the storm. Inside The Purple Lantern, back in the darkest corner sat Sinclair, plotting his advance for what was to come. To him, everything felt different. No one else would know it, but everything would soon change.

No one inside paid him any attention. He gripped the glass in his hands and tipped it back when it touched his lips. The cold liquid burned his throat all the way down to the pit of his stomach, but he no longer felt the pain. He was immune to the burning sensation wolfs bane brought to him.

The night seemed peaceful, but Sinclair ached for blood. His hands practically throbbed with the need. His eyes darkened with the thought of his plotted revenge. All he could do was wait, but it wasn't enough. He needed to do something-anything.

From across the room he watched as a scruffy man slammed his wad of cash on the table. The man started making his way towards the door and as he did he pulled out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes from his leather jacket.

The door closed behind the man and Sinclair took that as his opportunity to discreetly leave. As he stood he watched to make sure he wasn't catching the attention of anyone. He left his money on the table and followed the man outside.

The cold air hit Sinclair's face, but he didn't mind it. It wasn't like it affected him like it usually did with humans.

He tipped his head back and breathed in the fresh scent that lingered in the air. The man was nowhere in sight, but he knew where he had gone to. Without a second thought of what he was about to do, Sinclair followed the scent.

The man had already disappeared through the trees behind The Purple Lantern. Sinclair quickened his pace to catch on the man that had now stopped to take a leak by a bush. He stood with boredom unaware of his presence.

Pathetic excuse for a Lycan, Sinclair thought.

"You've been avoiding me, Aero." He spoke.

The man jumped back and tried to fix himself. He quickly zipped his jeans and cursed when he saw Sinclair leaning against a tree, arms crossed over his chest with an expression of boredom.

"For fucks sake, Sinclair, piss off." Aero hissed.

"I will when you give me the information I asked for."

"I already told you that I don't know."

"You know better than to lie to me, Aero."

"I told you that I don't have the information you're looking for. Why should I tell you anyway? What is someone like you going to do to me? You don't scare me."

Sinclair didn't seem to be convinced. He smiled and in a blink of an eye had Aero pinned to the ground. Aero's eyes widened in fear and he winced at the sudden pain in his chest. His eyes traveled down and the fear lit up his eyes.

"You sure about that?" He questioned.

"I don't know anything." Aero gasped out in pain.

Sinclair could feel Aero's heart beating in his hand. He could feel the wound on Aero's chest trying to begin it's healing. He tightened his grip and growled at Aero.

"Alright, I'll tell you!"

Sinclair released Aero and stood. Blood dripped from his hand and he didn't care one bit. It wasn't the first time he had ripped someone's heart out and he promised himself it wouldn't be the last time either.

"Next week, okay? She's arriving next week." Aero coughed and tried to ease the ache in his heart. "There. I said it. Now fuck off and leave me alone."

"I wasn't born yesterday, Aero. Do you think you're the only one doing my bidding? I know she will be here tomorrow." Sinclair's face lit up in fury. "I don't like being lied to."

Aero's face paled. "No one is supposed to know. How did-"

"Yes, how did I find out?" He cut him off. "Can I tell you a little secret?"

Sinclair's face was now that of a hunter who caught its prey. He was feeding off of the fear that radiated from Aero.

"Wood Grove will fall very soon. One by one you will all fall." Sinclair promised. "The best part is that I think I'll start with you."