Chapter 9

and then I felt nothing but a cool wisp of air. I opened my eyes to find Vincent was still close but not close enough. He had a small smile on his lips.

"I think I heard the bell ring." He said.

I looked over at the field of students heading for the school. I nodded and stood on my feet. I felt my cheeks warm up when I realized I was just about to kiss Vincent. So much for keeping my distance. I just told Tessa not even an hour ago that I would never pursue a relationship with him. Not that I was even trying, but this totally made me look like a hypocrite. Firs Dimitri and now Vincent?

"We should go." I said.

"Yes, we should." He agreed.

"Yeah." I breathed out.

We sat there for a moment just looking at each other. Why was he so good looking? Why did he have to make me feel like the world was revolving only around the two of us?

We both stood up and followed the group of students heading back inside the school. No one paid any attention to us. They all actually seemed to be walking faster just to get out of our way.

I headed to my locker and looked over my shoulder. I had expected to see Vincent but he wasn't there. Shaking my head I continued to my locker. I picked up my books for my next class and headed on my way.

I went throughout my whole day spacing out again. I knew I probably missed important information but I couldn't help it. I was breaking so many rules, but it felt good. My emotions were beginning to mix. Did I like Dimitri or was I starting to develop feelings for Vincent now? What kind of person was I turning into?

After the final bell of the school day rang, I waited for Tessa. I spotted Maya making her way to me and I groaned. I didn't want to deal with her right now. There was a fierce look of determination on her face and I knew there was no getting away from her.

"Where were you at lunch today?" Maya asked.

"I just wanted to be alone." I shrugged.

"You've been acting weird lately." She said, eyeing my suspiciously. "What's the deal?"

"Nothing, I just feel off. It mostly has to do with my mom. I'm really sorry for my four mood."

"It's more than sour. But anyways, you'll never guess who I scored a date with."

Maya looked excited. I could see she had put in an extra effort to her outfit today. Tight crop shirt and fitted high rise jeans. She had a thin cardigan over her crop top though she was shrugging it off now. Her lips were fiery red and her eyes were dark with seduction. No one would be able to resist Maya if she looked like that.

"Who?" I asked not because I actually cared but because that's what a friend would do, right?

"Dimitri Sinclair!" She squealed.