Epilogue

Everything was dead quiet and then I started hearing them approach

Everything was dead quiet and then I started hearing them approach. One by one they stepped closer and out of the shadows. I knew that this was very bad and maybe we weren't going to get out of this alive. I had to find a way to get my dad some help, but I couldn't even touch him.

"I bet you're wondering what we are all doing here." Archie was the first to break the silence.

"I don't understand." I said and turned to look at Vincent. "Why are you doing this?"

"I see my nephew has finally marked you as his mate. This makes everything all the more exciting."

"His what?"

"Archie, I think it's time we woke Blaine up, don't you think?" Vincent said from behind me.

I watched in horror as Archie and another one of his men picked up my dad, tipped his head back, and poured something down his throat. With a gurgling cry his eyes snapped open and fell to the ground.

I tried to reach out to somehow get him away from them but touching him burned my hands. I realized Archie and his men were wearing leather gloves. Dimitri was quick to catch me around the waist when I tried to touch my dad again.

"Dad!" I cried out.

"Welcome back, Blaine." Archie's voice was cold as he spoke.

"Let go of me!" I screamed at Dimitri.

"Don't fight, you'll make things worse." He whispered in my ear.

Worse? How could things get any worse? I continued to struggle against him but he only tightened his hold on me. Dimitri was stronger than me but that didn't mean I wasn't going to put on a fight. They were hurting my dad and I couldn't just stand there and watch without doing anything about it.

"Get your hands off of me!"

"Chloe, please." Dimitri growled in my ear.

"Chloe..."

I looked up realizing my dad has spoken. He was on his knees now and his face was red and blotchy. Blood and white foam dripped from his chin. His eyes glowed bright as he stared at me.

"Dad..." I whispered.

The tears continued to spill down my cheeks. I felt my knees weaken and I was sure that Dimitri was now supporting my full weight. I wasn't struggling against him anymore.

"Kill me but let my daughter go?" Dad asked.

"No!" I cried.

"We have every intention to end you, Blane, but not right now." Archie said. "Right now it's our turn to have some fun. I have a bit of news for you. While you were being tortured with aconite my nephew was crawling into your daughter's bed. Do you know what happened next?

"You hurt my daughter and I will-"

"Oh now you don't." Vincent growled. He looked at my dad with a face of disgust. "I would never dare to lay a finger on my mate." He said, emphasizing the last word.