Chapter 32

"How much longer?" I asked Vincent

"We're close by so not that far away. You can shower and then I'll take you home."

I nodded and continued walking. We could have gotten to Vincent's house in not time if it weren't for my difficulty to shift. It hurt every time I did and Vincent tried to help but it did nothing. He kept giving me a look that I couldn't quite make out.

We were close to the house when Vincent cursed under his breath and broke out into a run. I looked after him confused and took off after him. I could see him darting inside the house.

From where I stood I could hear people shouting. I ran into the house and searched for Vincent. I ended up in the living room frozen at what I was looking at.

My dad was holding Vincent against the wall by the throat. He was growling at him and it surprised me that no one made a move to help. Archie, Dimitri, Kyle, and two other men were all watching with cautious eyes. As soon as I made the slightest noise they all turned to look at me.

"Where the hell have you been?" My dad snapped, releasing Vincent and marching over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, taking a step back.

"What am I doing here?" He asked incredulously. "What are you doing here, Chloe?! I've been worried sick about you. You ran off and no one knew where you had gone off to."

"You shouldn't have done that." Kyle said from behind him in a reprimanding tone.

"Don't talk to her!" Vincent spat at Kyle.

Kyle turned to glare at him. Vincent's eyes were bright and his body was shaking. I felt like he would lose it any moment now. I knew he was still worked up because of my dad killing those wolves.

"This doesn't involve you, pup. This is between us." Kyle shot at him.

"She isn't yours so don't come in here and try to act like you own her." Vincent growled. "You don't choose for her."

"Stay out of this, mutt! Know where your place is. Soon she will be mine and there isn't damn thing you will be able to do about it."

Vincent didn't waste any time in throwing himself at Kyle. They both fell to the floor and tried to get the other pinned down. They were going at each other and I really freaked out when I saw blood.

"No!" I cried out.

I tried to run to Vincent but my dad grabbed me from around the waist. I fought against him but I wasn't going to get anywhere.

"Kyle, that is enough!" My dad shouted at him.

"Vincent." Archie snapped.

Both of them split apart but didn't take their eyes off of each other. They were both breathing heavily. I noticed that Vincent had his claws out and Kyle's canines peaked out. They both had good punches in and a few scratches. They were already healing from the bruises that were starting to form.