Chapter 29

"You can't be serious."

Vincent huffed and nudged the back of my legs with his snout. He body was lowered to the ground as he waited for me to climb on. I've never ridden a horse before and I imagined it was the same concept, but no way in hell was I going to ride him. When I made that comment to Vincent he laughed and said 'Believe me, I'd rather be ridden a different way'. I had blushed at his words and slapped his arm.

"Vincent..." I said in a whine.

He huffed once again and nudged my legs. I grumbled as I swung my leg over his body. I grabbed a fistful of his dark fur. I wanted to run my fingers all over it but chickened out. I wondered if he would bite my hand off if I tried to pet him.

Once I was able to steady myself on him he took off. A high pitch scream left me as he darted through the trees. The thing that surprised me was the speed. The trees seemed to come at us at a fast pace, or rather Vincent was moving swiftly through them at a high speed.

My hair was blown back and my eyes watered. At some point Vincent started to slow down and everything took my breath away. I had a tingly feeling in my stomach as he continued to move.

I didn't know where Vincent was headed and I couldn't ask because I wouldn't get a response. Vincent had come to a full stop and his head turned to look at me. I took that as my cue to climb off. Vincent darted away and later came back wearing the shorts he had on before. Before shifting into a wolf he tied them around his ankle.

"I want the pack to meet you." Vincent said.

"Wh-what?" I stuttered. "You didn't tell me this."

"I really care about you, Chloe, and my uncle is supportive of our relationship. Alexa is there with Vlad. You won't be alone."

"Alexa knows about wolves?" I asked.

I suspected as much, but she lied to me when I asked her. I would have to talk to her about that.

"Vlad is in love with her and when you're in love, you don't hide anything."

His words tugged at my heart and I could already feel myself giving in. I groaned when Vincent grinned at me and brought me close to him. He had a playful smile now as he ran his hands down my back.

"I want you to be a part of what I am but if you don't want to I'm not going to force you. I want you to be with me when you shift. I want to be there for you and if this scares you I can make it easier. It helps when you have someone."

I leaned my head in his chest and sighed. I hated how he knew how to work me, but at the same time I absolutely loved it.

"Alright." I said reluctantly.

"It'll be fun."

He grabbed my hand and we started walking. I tried to run my fingers through my hair. I could only imagine what I looked like. It wouldn't have been a bad idea to stop home and change. I was feeling too warm.