14-The Gracelet

Hello dear readersss!! I want a small suggestion from you...my best friend, who is helping with the story told me yesterday THAT SHE STILL DID NOT READ CHAIN OF GOLD!!!!!!! and my book is literally filled with chain of gold spoilers, i just felt like telling

Let's plunge into the story

Happy reading:)))

James woke up to see Cordelia lying on the sand. He looked around and realized that they were in the shadow realm and immediately felt a wave of guilt wash over him. He always drags Cordelia into this mess. Idiotic me, he thought. Just then Cordelia stirred he immediately crouched over her and took her into his lap.

He kept whispering her apologies and almost begging her to gain her consciousness...Just then he felt something or rather someone move towards them and raised his head in their direction but saw nothing, Cordelia tried to get up but groaned and collapsed against his chest. She took a ragged breath and said, "My cortana". "Angel daisy! we'll find it, we'll find cortana..oh daisy i'm sorry, so so sorry" James said.

Just then two girls crouched before them...one of them was a blonde and had blue eyes, not as vibrant as his dad's but still breathtaking..the other girl had dark hair and had chocolate brown hair. "Let us help" they said in unison and took Cordelia from his lap and started applying iratzes on her.

After Cordelia was healed, they introduced themselves and James almost fainted when he heard which year they came from. Cordelia had to pat him on the back and tell him to breathe before he came out of his shock.

After the introductions Ema stood up and said "c'mon let's go explore". This is how exactly James chose to describe why he was walking  in this shadow realm with these three girls. 

"James" a soft voice behind them made them all turn. There was Grace standing there, by the corner of his eye he could see Cordelia's eyes widening. "Grace" he whispered. "James-James we need to talk, here come inside this cave" Grace said and led them all into a cave.  Cordelia is alarmingly quiet, james thought.

When they all sat inside the cave, Grace said, "James give me the bracelet" James was confused, he said, "Why Grace? What did i do? Did i hurt you?" He is so desperate, Cordelia thought and blinked her tears away. "This isn't you speaking James, by the angel remove the bracelet and I'll explain"

A wave of pain flashed through James' eyes and he removed the bracelet and handed it over to her, Cordelia watched James as his mask slowly slipped off. Grace took a raggy breath and said, "look, i have some things to say, and i dnt want you talking until i finish ok?" Cordelia and James just nodded. Grace sighed and said, "When my brother, Jesse, died my mother formed alliance with the greater demon Belial- your grandfather James, he-he said he'll revive Jesse if-if my mother helped him to take you or your sister Lucie...and she said a yes" James opened his mouth but Grace cut him out with a wave Of her hand. 

she continued, "But you had protection upon you and-and they had to break that protection upon you, so that Belial could possess you, so-so my mother used me as a bait to you and made you do things for me, she was always there in the shadows when we both met near my house back in Idris. Then one summer when you mentioned Cordelia, my mother knew it immediately you were falling for her and so she asked me to give this bracelet to you...so- so that you'll never fall  for any other girl but me. And you know what? She was right, the moment i removed the bracelet from you, you were kissing Cordelia franctically in the whispering room."

Cordelia's eyes widened, not just because Grace knew about Whispering room but also because she said that James was falling for her....it is not true is it? she asked herself...James Herondale can't possibly be in love with her right?