Chapter 26-Chance Meetings

---Hopefully next chapt. will be up tomorrow! xx Hope you like it!

Chapter 26

Song: Fay Wolf - The Thread of the Thing.

Emily’s Pov

All of a sudden the material is removed from over my head so I can see and I am faced with a large light, in a room with a man facing me a couple metres away, we were both in chairs.

The man was wearing a business suit, looked about 30 and had dark eyes….

My next thought was what was I doing here…. I started to panic slightly as my mind raced for an explanation. I had to find Sam and know if he was okay, that was the number one priority right now. I couldn’t be sitting here with Mr Uptight-

‘Finally have the chance to meet on good terms…’ was the first words he said to me.

‘I don’t see in any way how this could be categorized as “good terms”’ I think aloud and immediately bite down on my lip His eyes take me in, but he decides not to comment.

‘Let me introduce myself… they know me as Quinn’ his smile had bleached white teeth, and looked simply… not right.

‘They?’ I sneer, bouncing my leg up and down in impatience or anxiety…. I couldn’t tell.

‘My people’ he answers, dead seriously too. I mean come on…. His people?

‘What, you see yourself as a King or something?’ I ask looking him up and down, in a judgmental sort of way because personally, I thought he deserved it.

‘No love. I am just a powerful man. People know not to mess with me’. My eyes grow big at his statement. Now I couldn’t decide if he was up himself or he was for real…..

‘And I somehow have… messed with you?’ I ask angrily.

‘Rather someone you deeply care about.’ He answers, tilting his head at me before adding, ‘Oh Emily…. So clueless, it’s rather amusing’ now smiling at me. He knew me!?

My mouth forms a circle ready to ask who but he beats me. ‘Someone who is fighting for his life for someone like you’. Adding a smirk to his features.

Without thinking I get out of my chair, for the first time realising I wasn’t tied up…. And I was ready to hit him when two men appear from nowhere and hold me back.

‘Thank you, but you can let her go. She won’t want to try anything after she knows what the consequences can be’ Quinn is just full of smiles isn’t he! Still boiling at his threat to Sam I think it would be best to slowly sit back down in the metal fold out chair. Clutching my seat underneath me I don’t break the stare between us.

‘Settled down?’ I fill my lip twitch as I keep glaring at him without saying anything more.

‘It’s funny because I’d thought you would know who I was, maybe at least warned about me…’ Quinn says casually, picking up a thread on his pressed pants, and letting it fall beside him. I suck in a breath. This couldn’t be good…! Oh lord what have I gotten myself into!!

‘Sam has been slack, naughty boy’ his laugh sickens me to the extent I had a thought of barfing on his face. ‘Get to the point’ I growl, through a tense jaw.

Quinn stands and takes his time walking over to me, into my personal space. His breath smelled like alcohol brushing past my nose, as his eyes locked onto mine and he leans his hands on the rim of my chair.  ‘Aren’t you the least bit concerned how I know you Miss Emily Harris, love?’ His right hand brushing my thigh.

‘Get, away from me!’ I scream, slapping him across the cheek and his expression turns deadly. Oh no….

‘You b*tch!’ my hand raises again but he catches it before contact and back hands me so painfully hard, my vision blacks momentarily.

Quinn clamps his dirty hand in my hair and pulls on it to tilt my head up, as he speaks softly in my ear. ‘If I was you, I would think more carefully to what you say and do because whit the snap of my fingers it can be inflicted on your dearest….’ My breath hitches to his words as I have to blink away close tears, his fingers stroke my bruised cheekbone that he hit with his ringed hand and adds. ‘That includes Sam…. love’.

Pulling back and staring hard into my eyes ‘Are we clear?’ Quinn asks and all I can do is nod.

‘Super! You are free to leave…. Oh! But just one more thing’ I stopped in my move to stand, not trusting to look at him again in fear of being hit.

‘Ask Sam about your kidnapping… I think he has been holding back on you. Well, that is if he won the fight of course. You can’t communicated with the dead’ he laughs till he is out of the room.

My hand begins to tremble, rattling the car keys I held as my mind goes blank. Taking in a fast breath, I fumble to find my phone. Oh my god…. I must have dropped it when I was grabbed, since it wasn’t in my jeans pocket where it should be. ‘Shit!’.

This was too much.

Glancing around the room I saw it on a table behind Quinn’s chair. ‘Oh thank god!’ I mutter quickly running over and dialling Sam’s number. I close my eyes thinking that whatever I would be hearing next would be less painful that way. Voicemail.

‘Can’t answer the phone right now, leave a message’ I swallow the huge lump forming in my throat, feeling panic set in.

Ring Ring! Ring Ring! ‘…. Hello?’.

--- Is she receiving a call or making one???? STAY TUNED! ;)