Chapter 13- Chance Meetings

Hey everyone! I had serious writer's block on this chapter and was just not feeling it BUT finally got it up to standard! :D 

Made a new cover for Chance Meetings? let me know if you like it!! ---->

HUGE thank you to the people who voted and commented on Chpt. 12, made my day! @EpicElephant @Notimeforlosers & @Babyval

Really hope you like what's in store for you in this chapter......

Chapter 13!

‘Please don’t leave!’ I rush out, grabbing at his arm desperately to get a word in with him. I could tell he was grounding his teeth and could have easily knocked me off him. But like the way he was he didn’t, instead sat back down on our hill.

‘Jake you have to know I would never,’ I emphasize the never making sure he heard how much I meant it. ‘Tell anyone anything, if you told me not to. Especially if it is something so personal’ I tell him, keeping my hands on his arm, wanting a piece of him back into my being.

Jake turned towards me after a long moment of thinking, and I could tell he did this to search my eyes for the truth. He did that with everyone…

I held eye contact and I saw him chew on the inside of his cheek which he only did when he was either in pain, or was confused on what to do next. ‘Em…-‘ he started but seemed to lose the train of thought almost straight away.

‘You have to believe me Jake… I know you better than anyone here for sure. You have to believe me over Charming’ that got me a small, but definite smile. Which created a huge burst of relief and happiness to see, from a week full of tension between us.

I gripped his arm tighter, because he hadn’t looked at me again. ‘Jake, your sexuality is no problem to me and it does not matter what others think of you. Only the people that care about you because they want what is best for you-‘ I plea, making him turn his face towards mine again so I could see his expression. He was fighting an inner battle of bursting out or excepting the near reality.

‘You would never out my secret…’ it was so faint I had barely heard it until I pieced together the lost words I hadn’t got. ‘Never in my life’ I replied. Once again he looks up into my eyes and I see my old friend in the glimmer of his blue irises. ‘I am so sorry Emily’.

Before I saw it coming I was engulfed with the warmth and support of a true friend, I had missed every day. And this time I didn’t have to answer to Ash why we embraced today, I didn’t have to explain myself to him anymore.

‘Em they’re staring at me’ he whispers insecurely in my ear sounding like his former 11 year old self again, his arms still wrapped around me tightly. I stroke his shoulder blade, glancing around us to see if it was true. ‘Those who stare have no excitement in their lives, so they search for glimpses of others for entertainment’ I reply simply, I feel his chest shake against mine. ‘You should be a therapist not a photographer’ he jokes, slowly pulling away, but keeping an arm around my shoulders.

‘Where’d you get that handy phrase from?’ Jake asks.

The memory of pushing my broken mother in the wheelchair down the park flashed too fast to see properly in my mind, and I swallow the thick salvia that had built up. ‘Umm..’ I clear my throat and try again. ‘My mum actually, she’s the wisest woman I know’.

Jake gives my shoulder a squeeze and I soak up the feeling of having him back into my life, but knowing we had to face more difficulties in the very near future.

‘Do you want to catch up after I finish work tonight? Pizza night?’ I ask him, while I unpack my lunch. I don’t miss his grimace as he replies ‘I actually have plans with someone else tonight… maybe tomorrow?’ I shrug and say ‘Sure. Who you catching up with?’.