Chapter 7-Chance Meetings

Once again Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy! 

--Author's note-- (Warning) there is a section in this story that is a little upfront and daunting.... just so you know in advance. I hope I don't upset anyone by it.

Chapter 7!

There was a carnival in town, which had everyone hyped up about. To be honest when Ash and I first arrived I thought I had out grown these events, but…? Who could turn down a good carnival game? The food? Or the atmosphere?

I was surprised to find myself lifting the corners of my mouth more and more often, as the night lengthened into a pleasant one.

‘Choose one’ Ashton urges, smiling down at me. I glance back up at the selection and bite my bottom lip briefly before picking the large monkey. The game instructor hands it down to me and I find myself grinning like a child hugging it close to my chest. ‘Thank you’ I murmur shyly, and Ashton kisses my cheek almost…… tenderly.

‘What next?’ he asks as we walk further down past the stalls. ‘The Ferris wheel!’ I reply excitedly.

We pay the fee before slowly and carefully stepping into the rocking, brightly coloured carriage. I seat myself and lower the monkey to the floor out of the way, as Ashton sits close beside me.

More carriages are filled with passengers, and we then start to make our way to the top. I’m intrigued by the sights as we hike higher and higher, over the carnival lights and stands. The people shrinking in size, and I smile softly at the sights of the whole grounds. Rides, stands, tents and lighted eating areas were appropriately spaced out, and has the woods bordering them. They looked incredibly dark and thick from up here, since they were right next to the Ferris wheel only part way into the trees you could see.

I feel my hand be taken, and I look back to Ash who is holding it warmly in his.

I give him a curious look, and he seems to be pained. ‘What is it?’ I question as my mind distractedly thinks, I should have brought a camera…

‘Nothing… I’m just glad you said yes’ he replies, and I lean over our hands, kissing him softly. He squeezes my hands, and pull away slowly.

Soon the ride finishes, and I hear my stomach rumbling. I ask Ash if we can get something to eat and he agrees.

‘What would you like?’ he asks, giving me a shock. ‘Oh so you aren’t going to order for me this time?’ I question lifting an eyebrow, smirking. ‘No assuming what I would like?’ I add, my smile stretching.

He runs a hand behind his neck, shrugging nervously from being put on the spot. ‘I would like a hot dog thanks’ I answer. ‘Good choice’ he grins as he orders his own, paying for the both of us.

I wait at a table curiously watching him talk to the man running the hot food stand. I almost didn’t recognised him as my own boyfriend…. The one I had seemed to have lost.

I feel my hopes being lifted wearily. Maybe I had my old Ash back…? I thought, which had me extremely excited. The Ash who considered me first before football, friends, colleague and his self. The Ash who was caring, funny and smart.

He returns with the food. ‘Hey watch my hot dog for me, I’m just going to the bathroom’ he excuses himself with a kiss to my forehead as I smile, watching him disappear into the throng of people.

Blaire pov

‘Well, well… well’ I whisper in surprise, as I stop walking and hide half behind a caravan apparently holding people’s fortunes.

I watch the scene with greedy eyes as Ashton bends kissing his girlfriend before straightening and walking away.

But what surprises me more is to see Emily Harris stupidly smiling after him, with a uber happy expression on her face. I plan to change that, my thoughts spoke.