Chapter 9-Chance Meetings{Part 1}

Thank you for all the people who have recently added my sotry to their reading lists... we both know who you are, and I appreciate it! And a thank you goes out to people who voted for chapters in the past few days... you people are legends!

Enjoy....

Chapter 9

Emily pov

It's been four days since I broke up with Ashton at my front door, giving him a piece of my mind. It was tough not knowing what to expect when I arrived at colleague on Monday, but I figured I should just be myself and if I saw him not pay any attention to him.

So for those three days at colleague I made it through without coming into contact with Ash, and have been slowly telling Jake what happened. But considering that he would flip out if he knew the truth, I told him a close enough lie instead. I didn't want anyone getting hurt...... just yet.

'And then I broke up with him...'.

'So your telling me that you went on a date with him..? and you guys lost feelings for each other, so you both decided to cut it off? Just like that...?' Jake repeats my version of what happened but in a shorter sense, like he needed it to be confirmed.

'Yes, that's what I said...' I look away from his eyes in case he saw the lie, shinning clear through my eyes. 'Well, I'm sorry for ya Em' he adds, swinging his arm around my shoulders and pulling me in for a hug. I nod against his shoulder, but keep my lips firmly closed.

I knew if I had told him what really happened, I would not be able to convince him not to go all ape shit on me. So I stick with the lie until I feel it is the right time.

Sam pov

I'm in the changing rooms prepping for my fight in a couple of minutes, as I wrap the last of my bandages around my knuckles. I rub my eyes, and hold back the yawn. I shake my head desperately attempting to wake myself up, and get focused jogging on the spot. I simply couldn't lose my focus in the cage, otherwise there would be even less food on the table this week.

'We're ready for you Sam' one of the men tell me, holding the door open for me.

They announce my arrival, as my opponent waits for me to enter the tall metal fenced cage. I shake out my hands, rolling my shoulders back and giving myself a slap on my cheek. Okay Sam... don't stuff this up now. Your tired, but not enough for you to lose your skill. I tell myself as I glare my anger at the smirking dick opposite me. I hate these type of guys... the ones who thought they were Simba from the Lion King in this cage. Not tonight buddy....

Adam and Em are watching the match tonight, a voice tells me and I punch my jaw to stop my train of thought. Focus, focus, focus....

'Shake hands...' the ref instructs, I stick out my hand from procedure but my opponent simply stands there as if he was deaf ignoring my out stretched hand. 'I said shake hands..' the ref enforces. He finally clasps hands with me, giving a rough squeeze before dropping my hand. I grunt in annoyance and turn my back as I take another sip of water before we began the fight. Jackass... I think at him.

'Fight!'.

We circle each other before running head on so we were grabbing hold of each other's shoulders. I let go, ducking out of the way to then punch him square in his jaw. He grunts as his eyes shift to mine angrily, and he swings his leg into a kick to my right thigh. I feel it more than I should, but don't stop.

We wrestle on the ground as he begins to get the upper hand, making his way to straddle me. I pull back my right arm before letting it hit him above his rib cage. I continue to hit him there, before I can roll away from under his weight.