Chapter 21-Chance Meetings

--Won't be uploading over the weekend, sorry! Next week will be iffy as well, EXAMS!!! :O 

But i have written the chapter after this on paper so, stay tuned! xx

Chapter 21

Emily’s Pov

Okay well maybe I was freaking out… was worrying about what to wear tomorrow night when it was Friday night a problem? Girls did that often right?

I pick up my phone since Mum was out with Dorothy and texted Jake. Can you come over?

Be there soon

Jake made it to my house soon after as I was standing in front of my wardrobe, hands on my hips frowning. ‘That look looks attractive’ Jake comments as he enters my room. ‘Jake can you help me chose an outfit?’ I ask him instead and  pull apart some of my coat hangers. ‘I’m not that gay’.

I lift an eyebrow at him and he sighs… ‘Okay… what’s this for?’.

‘A dinner type thing… ah with a friend and my family?’ I reply nibbling the corner of my mouth. Jake was laid out on my bed flicking through one of my photography magazines I loved reading in bed and looked up amused. ‘What’s with the pained look?’.

I shrug and look back at my closet. ‘Okay.’ Jake gets up and walks over to me placing his hands on my shoulders. ‘What kind of dinner is this? Formal, casual, dressy?’.

‘Casual dressy? I think…’.

‘Who is going?’.

‘It’s at our house. My family and I with…. A guy’ Jake raises an eyebrow on ‘guy’ and try to explain. ‘More like a friend, well it’s the guy who saved my life a couple weeks ago…’.

Clarity washes over his features and he smiles. ‘Wear whatever you’re comfortable in’ as he crashes back on my bed. ‘What do you mean?’.

‘What you want Emylion’ I frown at his choice of nickname and think about it.

Ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass…

I role my eyes and laugh as his ringtone blares out. ‘That’s Callen, I have to go’ he walks over to me and kisses me on the forehead, looking into my eyes. ‘Stop stressing, you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve seen since mumma died’ I smile and hug him before he leaves me missing him.

~

It was Saturday morning and I was taking photos at the park. I felt safe with a camera in one hand, I don’t why but as soon as I look through the lens I see everything differently. Almost clearer and beautiful.

I took quite a few of looking up into the branches with the sunshine peeking through, these kind of shots made me smile. Taking a couple more of the little flowers growing around a lamp post I took some of our neighbour’s kids running around the park benches.

When I was finished I hit play on my IPod and just sat under one of the trees, shutting my eyes. I listened to my entire playlist before I realised how long I had been here for. ‘Shit…’.

I gather my bag with my camera in it and turn down the music so I could hear oncoming cars crossing the roads.

As I was heading across the grass fields where they usually had soccer training I saw Ashton not that far away. Without wasting a second longer I turned around and kept walking towards the town’s main road. ‘Is this how it’s going to be Em? You always walking away from me?’ Ashton yells after me.

I briefly close my eyes and fight an emotional surge. ‘Yes, yes it is’ I answer but not looking back.

Suddenly without hearing him he touches my bare shoulder and I turn on him ‘Don’t touch me’.