Chapter 17-Chance Meetings

Please tell me if you like it or not and therefore will try my very best to keep updating like before. xx

Character Jane's picture----->

A few days later….

‘People these days..’ I mutter under my breath as I move the lens over to some other normal girls sitting and talking, laughing away. The dancers were once again all over the college guys.

‘Hey Girlfriend!’ someone says from behind me in a high pitched voice before I felt a tough slap against my shoulder. Knocking my aim off to make me take a blurred picture of green. Lucky I didn’t drop the camera otherwise there would be another repair bill for me to work out. First of course I expected Jake and was about to give him a piece of my mind.

I stop looking through the lens of my camera and instead turn to see Adam plop down next to me grinning from ear to ear. ‘Wow Adam’.

‘Yes I know’ he says brushing off non-existent dust from his shoulder. ‘I have a born talent for imitation….’. I snort as I look back at him waving to a group of girls down the grassy slope openly admiring him and giving him their own show. ‘God, that’s disgusting…’ I mutter shoving him. ‘Lighten up Emster… it’s human attraction. It’s natural… we do it, the animal kingdom does it. I bet even aliens do it’ Adam’s grinning at me and I shake my head at him as he nudges me back. Attraction to a beyond tight shirt and skin everywhere, Fabulous look to hook in the right kind of guys.  I thought silently.

‘How lovely’ I whisper before looking back into my shot range.

I sigh, I guess I was just thinking like that because I was in their position once. Now look where I am? Broken hearted and lost.

‘Soooo….’  He says leaning back on his palms, spreading his legs out in front of him. ‘How is Emily feeling these days since, well… you know?’.

Emily, is doing fine these days. What about little Adam? Huh?’ I pinch his cheek and he makes a disgusted expression when I talk to him, like I was asking a two year old what they got for Christmas. I chuckle as he pulls away from me.

‘Adam is not little, and don’t try to shift the attention from yourself. You were the damsel in distress late last week. Has Sam actually talked to you about what happened?’ he answers me, picking a blade of grass with his thumb and forefinger ripping it in two pieces before dropping them on his jeans.

I glance down at my lap with my camera in both of my hands, giving his question some thought. 'He explained that we were set up and that I was for sure drugged. Sam carried me home….’ I frown, I knew all that but….

‘Do you know who..-?’ Adams edges, his expression serious now tucking away the jokester. ‘No’ I answer my brow deepening with my thoughts as I realise I didn’t even ask if Sam knew who did all of it. Who was behind it all.

I twist around a little to face Adam. ‘Do you?’.

‘No, that was why I was asking’. Something slight about his tone made me question his answer he gave to me. ‘Adam you better not be lying to me, I’m smarter than I look’.

‘See because this whole  time I thought you looked to be average’, I’m sure he joked. I punch him anyway for the smirk he was presenting me with, a bit harder than what was considered ‘friendly’. ‘Hey! Those drugs give you super strength as well?’ then he decided to add with a finger pointed at my face. ‘Don’t go all Twilight on me’.

‘Adam!’ I sigh, ‘Stop avoiding my questions. If you think there is something I should know than tell me’. He was really bad at avoidance.

I wait patiently starring across the campus now, expecting something more from Adam.

‘No….’ a long pause.

‘It’s not important.’

Was it that Sam wasn’t telling me something? Was it something about what happened to me when I was kidnapped? I guess? Now I was confusing myself into a mental puddle.

‘Has Sam talked to you about what really happened?’ I ask Adam.

Really happened? Was Sam telling me lies about what happened to me? Was that what I was thinking about now? Because that was when it gets serious. Now Adam had me suspiciously worried, but before I could ask him anything else he distracts me.

‘Now look who’s checking who out’ he whistles and I frown following his line of vision. I freeze. ‘If I was rooting the other team I’d tap that’ he whispers to me and without shifting my gaze I slap his arm. ‘Damn girl! What’s got your panties in a knot this morning?!’.

Ashton was soaking every little moment of our stare down, and I wasn’t giving up. While my gaze held defiance and loathing. His held something undiscovered. I blinked and all the girls around him came into view for the first time. ‘Competition..’ Adam murmurs just so I could hear and immediately leans away from me, but I don’t do anything except lift my camera and snap the shot of Ashton standing there. In all his clichéd glory. 

--I personally really love this chapter.... if i do say so myself :)