Chapter 24-Chance Meetings

I have rewritten this so, so, so many times!! I think it's finally good enough to upload, I hope you enjoy...... ;)

Chapter 24

‘Watch it!’ a man yells and I don’t find the emotion to show on my face as he bumps into me. I stumble back a little and he frowns. ‘Hey you’re not a guy….’ I didn’t bother to stay and so the only way I could go was to find Sam and get out of here. He would get me out of here…..

The crowd alone was so loud I couldn’t judge if the man was following me. Occasionally I check behind me but don’t see him again. I stuff a strand that has fallen out of the cap, hiding it and keeping my head down as I tried to come up with a plan.

The crowd took up most of the space in this huge room, hall thing and I was squeezed against the walls at times.

Okay options. To find Sam somewhere in this crowd…

An uproar makes me jump and look up to find the crowd moving in closer. Frowning I thought someone had gotten into a fight with another crowd member, not wanting to see I try and turn around but I’m constantly shoved back.

‘Make up your mind man’ someone shouts to me I was guessing as I stumble over my own feet and catch myself on another crowd member. They were all going crazy, and I was just getting in the way. By the second I was becoming more and more uncomfortable here, plus more eager to find Sam.

Great going Em… follow Sam all the way to whatever the hell these people were talking about and find yourself in a strange part of town, alone.

I rub my forehead, now frustrated with myself. I had to clear my head to get out of here alive, so I turn around and see a glimpse of someone. Frowning I edge closer to what the people were all watching and cheering for. This wasn’t a cult meeting…..

I crane my neck and step around people and see another glimpse of someone’s head being smacked to the side. This only deepens my frown as I make it to the front of the crowd.

No….. Sam was at a cult meeting!

All I saw in the quick flash that he stood still was him shirtless covered in blood and wounds, but then the other man that was with him came into view.

No. He was fighting.

I stay quiet and hide slightly behind a girl not that much younger than me. She had long blonde hair that shone and wore a canvas jacket with jeans.

Judging from all the other people that were here, it kept me wondering… But not for too long, because next minute Sam is kicked in the head where it was already bleeding!

I bite my lips so hard to keep my screams at bay inside, I can’t keep the tears of distress from leaving my eyes. He staggers, almost falling unsuccessfully attempts to dodge the guys next hit to Sam’s chest and flies down to the ground.

I can see the daze in his eyes and a voice in my head screams to run to him. Go to him. Save him.

Part of the crowd cheers for Sam standing but I’ve wanted him to stay down, not continue this torture. What was he thinking!?

Isn’t there forfeit or something? Don’t they have rules?

‘Oooooo!’ the crowd sings moving in as Sam full on tackles the guy to the ground. I wince every time Sam’s fist connected to his face and when his hands went up to block, Sam moved to injure the sides of him.

I look around and a face catches my attention across from me, hiding slightly in the back of the crowd. I wipe my eyes to see more clearly but the man is gone.

‘Smash him!’ another yells. Sam’s opponent looked not that much older than himself, but the difference between their appearances was he had many tattoos.

Sam’s Pov

Straddling him my head was an angry mess of emotions: anger, frustration, confusion, hurt and more. When I noticed the weakening in his arms, slowly lowering down from his block my hands went straight for his throat.

I didn’t think about it too much about what I was doing, my judgement was clouded.

I looked into his eyes and saw something flash across his eyes as he stared back at me in defiance. I press down harder, scrunchinig up my face as he struggles underneath me.

His mouth gapes open to the sound of choking noises, short and stricken. What was I doing?

Oh my god. What was I doing?

My hands weaken their grip as I suddenly come to terms with the atmosphere around me, it was like an illegal drug wafting into my system, the anger and need for death tightly bound in my hands.

I hesitate.

Emily’s Pov

He looked to be in much pain struggling like that but as soon as Sam hesitated for that split second as the colour drained from his expression caused by Sams grip at the throat, he shoved Sam back.

My hand flies to my mouth as the guy slowly and painfully gets up from the floor gripping the side of his ripped torso. I glance to Sam already in his fighting stance again.

Why had Sam gone to that extreme?

Why didn’t they have a cage or ring to fight in?

Why hadn’t anyone come in to stop Sam from almost strangling him? Why…?

Before Sam could be prepared the guy swing his kick into Sam’s head again, and punches him in the gut. Hard.

‘No!’ I whisper between my fingers as I watch Sam lose his balance and falls onto his hip. The guy was straddling Sam and rose his fist. Sam rose his arms to his chest but missed the point of contact as his fist instead lands in Sams kidney.

Sam’s Pov

‘AH!’ I curl into a feeble position against the cool ground and rest my bleeding head. At least that felt good, but on the other hand my vision was almost black and my abdomen was on fire!

 I hear laughter come from somewhere, but I can’t pin point it. GOD! I wince and grab my slippery skin.

Then I hear a horrifying scream.  

---Sadly this is all i have to upload yet.... bare with me and i'll be able to upload again very soon!!!!!!! :D Thank you for the people who support this story by voting or reading it. I LOVE you!