Chapter 16-Chance Meetings

Please at least give this a like or a comment if you like it so far. It is really important for me to see encouragement. That includes you, silent readers!

Previously.....

‘What?’ he asks me chuckling. ‘I’m trying to start a conversation with you and you won’t even give me a real answer’ I explain, shaking my head again. ‘Were you born to just shake your head at me all the time?’. I laugh brightly. ‘Yep, you’re such a disappointment Sam’ I sarcastically say, winking.

‘Thanks, I like you too’.

You know the moment right after you’ve good naturedly laughed with someone and you find yourself smiling at each other, staring in each other’s eyes?

Well…..

New chapter

Sam’s Pov

Her smile did something to me.

‘Your staring…’ she says, laughing nervously eyes shining.

‘No I’m not’ I tell her defiantly.

‘It’s scary’ Em adds nodding still smiling. ‘You make me feel so good about myself’ I joke. Em slides her hand slowly on top of mine, resting in between us and nothing compares to the energy I feel slither up my arm into my shoulder. It was weird, but at the some time not…… It was like nothing I had ever experienced when I was in a fight where I would receive the most energy. Her touch.........

Her skin was feverishly cold and so in an instinct I wrap my left hand on top of hers.

Both our eyes drop to our hands and I just, feel, good.

I don’t want to go anywhere except be here. My eyes look up and I see things I had missed before….

The sun streamed through the gap of her purple curtains, lighting the contour of her face so softly. Her eyes were searching for something….

‘Emily! Grandma is leaving…’. We both turn our heads towards the slightly open bedroom door and Emily pulls back her hand without an expression, readjusting herself against her pillows. I rub the back of my neck to massage the strain that was suddenly there and I know I have a stupid expression on my face. So I look away.

‘You better go….’. Em meets my eyes though and smiles the soft smile I really liked on her.

‘You’re right. Uh… I’ll see you soon?’. Emily nods. ‘Definitely, you can’t get rid of me that easy’ she says in a teasing manner.

‘Never thought I could’ I smirk, I wink before leaving her.. I didn’t want to leave but there were things to be organised and other things that were far from being ignored.

Em’s Pov

My Grandmother had been suspicious of me, and warned me to be careful. She thought she was some kind of witch that knew everything…. She was obviously wrong.

She shouldn’t be suspicious of Sam, or me and him together. He isn’t dangerous or something stupid like that….

I let my head rest back against the top of my wooden headboard and just stare at nothing in particular, too caught up in my thoughts. Replaying the fresh memories and end them when Sam had looked away, was he embarrassed? Did I make him feel uncomfortable? I bite my bottom lip.

You wanted a sign.

I blink at the voice inside my head.

You thought it wasn’t possible.

I lean forward and look around the room just to make sure I was alone.

Can you see it now?

I blink again and curl my toes under the blanket. I started to heat up and felt little prickles line up on the nape of my neck. ‘Mu-um!’ I shout, unsure of myself. Just before she came into the room I hear it once more…

Don’t be scared.

~

Jake came over later that night to watch Battleship with me.

‘You know…’, you could hear him crunching on the Doritos a mile away but instead it was right in my ear, I just hoped he didn’t get any crumbs under the covers, Mum hates that. ‘I’m pissed off’ he finishes.

‘You should be! Ash can’t just vote you off as team captain. The coach should have a say in it’ I add. ‘Yeah he will… just it isn’t all that easy Em’ Jake replies watching the screen. I jump as he laughs loudly at something the actor said before a huge explosion happens onto the alien mother ship. He changed emotions so damn quickly.

I twist my core to face him a little more in my bed. ‘Jake… what happens if you get declined-‘.

‘Can we just shut up and watch the movie?’ he asks a bit too powerfully. I stop but don’t take offense because soon after Jake takes my good hand and squeezes it.

He was afraid for the future of his football career. His so called team players were recoiling, they had no idea how to react or behave around him anymore and neither did he. I felt sympathetic for Jake, it wasn’t easy having so many good relationships with your team and then in a flash have it all cold with sprinkled ice on top. I gave his hand a tight squeeze, before I got back into the movie.

The rest of the night we enjoyed each other’s company and talked about Callen. Jake told me about the night they hung out and how they seemed to be on the way of becoming real good friends. It was what Jake needed right now more than anything. Someone who could understand more than I could ever, even if I tried my hardest. I just hoped Callen stuck around long enough….

--More to come.... Get prepared.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE TAGGED SONG! Tyler Ward is SO talented :) Worth it!

Sorry! It's so short but I do have another piece written up. So it shouldn't be up longer then in a few days :)

Thank you for your support in reading my story, it means the world. xxxxxxxxx