Chapter 1

Kitiara POV

The next day I decided to head over to SFIT. I was curious on how the place looked and to see how "great" it is. My Uncle wasn't home at the moment, so I left a note on the dining table in case he wondered where I went.

I decided to ride my foldable penny board, I never really liked taking public transportation. It's always so crowded and it tends to smell pretty bad. I locked the door behind me and jogged down the stairs. I exited the apartment complex and set my penny board down on the street. I put in my earphones and pressed play on my phone, and started skating my way towards the institution.

*Time Skip*

I was skating through one of the slightly busy parts of San Fransokyo. I enjoy coming to this part of the city, it has more lively energy. Eventually I had to get off my penny board since I was approaching the more hilly parts of San Fransokyo. I hopped off, folded my penny board and put it in my small messenger bag.

I was still pretty far from the institution. I looked around, and spotted a cable car coming my way. I stared at it, and thought, Eh, why not and plus it didn't seem that crowded. I let it pass me a bit, before letting it get too far I hopped on from the back. I gripped on one of the poles and leaned out of the car. I looked at all the sights San Fransokyo had to offer, I always loved this part of the city, it made me feel so free. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I opened them as I breathed out and spotted a café named the "Lucky Cat Café''. I kept looking at it as the car passed by it, it looked very busy. I glanced at it one last time before looking forward.

*Time skip *

After getting off the cable car, I skated the rest of the way. I soon made it on campus, and it looked pretty cool. I went ahead and skated around looking for the Robotics Labs, since Professor Callaghan's office is located there. As I was looking for it, I was also looking at the other buildings. They all looked so fancy, and the atmosphere was actually comforting, like I can be myself here.

After skating around, I was able to find the right building. I hopped off my board and put it back in my bag. Before I walked up the stairs, I stared up at the building. It was all glass and was round. "Nice", I said softly with a small smile. I climbed the stairs and entered the building. I was amazed at how huge it looked inside. Students were walking around with their heads in their books, while others were talking with their friends. After standing in the same spot for like five minutes, I started to look for a school map.

I spotted one on a wall to my left. I walked up to it and began looking for Callaghan's office. I had a hard time understanding this map. I sighed in frustration, and someone must've noticed because someone lightly tapped my shoulder. I turned my head and saw that it was a tall girl with blonde hair, wore a lot of yellow and had pink glasses.

"Hi! I saw that you were staring at the school map for a while. Do you need any help?", she asked me with a smile. "Uh.. yeah a little, I've never been here before as you can probably tell" , I said with a tight smile." Oh no! You're not the only one! She said with a slight chuckle. "I remember my first day here, it was like a maze. I was late to all of my classes.", she said laughing.

I chuckled a little giving her a small smile." Anyway, where are you trying to head?", she asked. "Oh, well I'm trying to find Professor Callaghan's Office", I told her." Oh! I'm actually heading in that direction. I can take you there if you'd like!", she said with a big smile." Oh, uh, yeah. Please, lead the way ", I said with a small grin.

We walked side by side towards Callaghan's office. "So are you a new student here?", she asked.  "Oh no, I'm not. I'm just looking around, I've heard a lot of good things about this place", I told her." Oh, Okay! Are you in a university right now?", she asked. I nodded, "Awesome! Are you thinking of transferring here?". "Uh, I'm not sure yet, I'd like to look around a bit more before making a decision", I said. She nodded her head," Here we are! Just keep walking straight and his office is the first door on the right!", she said." Got it, thanks for helping me", I said with a small smile.

"It was no problem! I'm glad I was able to help! Oh, by the way. I never caught your name", she asked. "Oh, Kitiara", I said. She smiled widely "It was good to meet you Kitiara! I'm Honey Lemon", she said." Right back at ya", I said giving her a two finger salute. She waved goodbye and walked away.

I walked towards Callaghan's door and knocked. "Come in," he said.