Chapter 4

Kitiara's POV

"I am so sorry ma'am", said the guy. "No no, I'm sorry, I should've watched where I was going", I told him. I put my stuff on the counter and bent down and helped him pick up the mugs. Aunt Cass came around the counter with a mop, when she approached us she said the guy's name, but I didn't catch it. We both picked up the mugs, and Cass moped up the spilled coffee."Oh my goodness are you both alright?", Cass asked us. We nodded, she sighed in relief until she noticed my clothes "Oh my Kitiara your clothes! Let me go grab you a towel! " she said, but I stopped her. "No it's alright Aunt Cass! It's laundry day so I can just throw these in the washer", I said with a small smile.

"Are you sure "she asked. I nodded my head "Positive''. The guy held out the tray towards me, I placed the mugs I was holding on it. "I'm really sorry again, I need to watch where I'm going", he said with a sad concerned look. "It's all good, accidents happen", I told him with a side grin. He smiled a bit, I turned back to Cass "Well, I should be going, my classes start tomorrow and I wanna get my stuff ready", I said." Oh wow! What school are you attending?", she asked. I was about to answer when my phone dinged. I pulled it out and saw a message from my Uncle.

Tio Luis: Come home now, we have training session today.

I sighed and put my phone away. "My Uncle needs me home, but I promise to tell you about when I come to visit again", I said. "Okay sweetie, get home safely", I gave her a small nod "I will", I grabbed my stuff off the counter, gave a small smile to the guy and walked out.

*Time skip *

I was standing on one leg, my fist in my hand , eyes closed and listening. My Uncle and I go to the park to train, but we go to a spot that people rarely use. I was concentrating on my surroundings, listening for any movements. It was very quiet, until I heard a branch snap behind me. I opened my eyes, turned around and blocked my Uncle's attack. We stayed like that a few seconds until I pushed him back.

He stumbled back, but regained his balance and got into a fighting position. I did the same and waited for his next move, while eyeing him carefully. He stood up straight and bowed, I followed and bowed as well. He then walked over to me, and put a hand on my shoulder." You've come a long way Kitiara, you've almost completed your training", he said with a small smile. "Whatever's next, I'm ready", I said with a confident look." This is something you've always struggled with all your life Kitiara, it's not going to be simple", he said. I gave him a questioning look "What do you mean?".

He sighed "I'm talking about you having friends", I gave him a tight smile while looking away when he said that. "I know you don't want to get close to anyone, but I don't want you to be alone", he said. I continued to look down "What for? I have you, and I'm perfectly fine without any friends'', I said with no emotion in my voice. My Uncle gave me a concerned look "Kitiara.... you know I'm not always going to be here, and when I'm gone, I don't want you to be all alone". I closed my eyes and clenched my fist, I was starting to tense up. I took a deep breath and relaxed "I know. It's just that.. I'm..... scared". I said. My Uncle squeezed my shoulder "I know, it's always scary, but you're strong and not to mention very smart. I know you'll make some great friends, just promise me you'll try for yourself.....and for your parents", he said. I looked up at him, he was smiling at me. I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Good, now let's head home, it's dinner time and I'm in a mood for some tacos", he said, I chuckled slightly. "But not without a race!", he said and started running "Cheater!", I yelled and ran after him.

*Time Skip *

My Uncle won the race at the end, which wasn't fair since he had a head start. We cooked tacos and watched some TV.  An hour later my Uncle fell asleep and I decided to turn in for the night. I brushed my teeth and changed into my pajamas. I grabbed my hair brush and started brushing my hair.  As I finished I put the brush back, and headed towards my room's balcony. I opened the doors and stepped out, the moon was full tonight, making the night beautiful. I walked to the railing and leaned on it with my elbows. I signed in contentment, tomorrow I start school at SFIT, and I was excited. I took one last look at the night sky and headed inside. I turned off the lights, got into bed and drifted off to sleep.

Morning came and I was getting ready. I couldn't decide on what to wear, but in the end I wore black high waisted jeans, a grey tee and and a green jacket to top it off. I wrapped my favorite headband around my wrist, grabbed my bag and hurried towards the kitchen. My Uncle was sitting at the table reading something on his phone, he looked up when I entered the kitchen. "Hey, what's your hurry kiddo?", he asked." I looked at him and said, "Sorry Tio, it's just that I need to go to the administration office to finish some important "paperwork", as they call it. And I wanna get there early before my first class starts ". He nodded "Alright, but be careful when skating to school, I don't want you to get in an accident just because you were in a hurry", he said with a stern look.

I nodded "Understood Sir ", I said, and with that I quickly ate a piece of toast, drank some apple juice and hurried out the door. I exited the building, placed my board on the street and skated off.

 I exited the building, placed my board on the street and skated off

Special Thanks to @lily.b_art for drawing this awesome picture. Check her out on Instagram 😁