Chapter 26

Walking through the festival they saw all kinds of booths that contained games, souvenirs and food." Oh wow, they have so many more booths than last year. It's gonna be hard to pick which ones to go to." said Kitiara. "You got that right, and they added some new games!" said Hiro. "Not to mention they have more food to select from! "said Cass. Tadashi chuckled at their excitement," How about we each take turns picking which booth we want to go to." said Tadashi, everyone nodded in agreement, "I think Kitiara should go first, since she's our guest." said Cass. Everyone turned to Kitiara waiting for her decision, "Oh! Um, how about we go to one of the game booths? Like that one with the darts." said Kitiara and started walking to the booth.

Hiro challenged Kitiara at the balloon darts. It was a close tie, but in the end Kitiara popped the most balloons. "No fair, my eyes were closed," said Hiro. Kitiara chuckled lightly and patted Hiros head, "It's okay Hiro, you'll beat me next time." The group continued to walk around the festival seeing what other booths it had to offer. It was Cass's turn now, and she had picked a booth that offered Yakitoris. Each one got their own and ate them with smiles on their faces. "Wow this is amazing, great choice," said Tadashi. Kitiara and Hiro nodded their heads in agreement." I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Now I think it's your turn to pick a booth Tadashi." said Cass.

Tadashi began looking around, but didn't seem to find anything that caught his attention." Hmm, not sure, I think if we walk down further I'll see something I'd like to pick." he said. "Oh, I was hoping to stay here a bit longer and try the other dishes they had." said Cass with a fake pout, when in reality she was devising a plan." Oh, well we don't have to go now, we can stick around here for- '' Tadashi was cut off by Cass, " No no sweetie, I want you to enjoy the festival and not have you wait for me. Why don't we spit up hmm? Hiro and I will continue here, while you and Kitiara continue exploring the festival. That way we all can enjoy more of this wonderful festival. "Oh, we don't mind waiting for you guys. It's not like the festival is going anywhere." said Kitiara. Tadashi nodded in agreement, but Cass wouldn't have it. She turned Kitiara and Tadashi around and looped her arms around theirs and walked them towards the other side "I insist, you two go on and go to the booths you'd like, Hiro and I will be fine. In case of anything Tadashi can give me a call. Now off you two go." she said. She unlooped her arm from theirs and shooed them off.

Both teens looked at Cass with a confused expression, but they slowly turned around and started walking away. Hiro walked up to Cass, "What was that all about?". Cass chuckled lightly. "Something you'll understand when you're older." she said to a confused Hiro. Cass just chuckles again and drags Hiro to another booth.

Tadashi and Kitiara were walking along the path, and seeing what booth to go next. Kitiara turned to look at Tadashi, "Heh, it was a little odd that Aunt Cass just shooed us away." she said. Tadashi chuckled a bit, "Heh, Aunt Cass is really sweet. She just wants us to enjoy the festival as much as possible." Kitiara nodded her head and resumed looking at all the booths. "Is there anything you like yet?" she asked. "Hmm, maybe we can go to that one." he pointed to a stand that had all sorts of hand fans, jewelry and lucky cats. They walked over to it and started looking around. Kitiara's eyes landed on a beautiful pendant, it was in the shape of a branch with pink jewels representing the cherry blossoms. "See anything you like?" asked the stand owner. Kitiara was pulled from her thoughts, "Umm, I'm just looking for now, but thank you." she said with a small smile. "How about you young man? Do you see anything you like?" the owner asked Tadashi. "Hmm, maybe." he responded while looking at the fans. Kitiara turned to look around at the other booths, but noticed something. "Hey Tadashi, I'll be right back." she said and walked away. He was a bit confused, but at the same time he was glad she walked away. This gave him the chance to purchase a certain item.

After paying for his items, he noticed that Kitiara hadn't returned yet. He looked around for her, he spotted her on the other side and it looked like she was talking to someone. He made his way over, towards them, as he got closer he was able to see who Kitiara was talking to.

"Yeah, it's been pretty good so far

"Yeah, it's been pretty good so far. Oh, hey Tadashi." said Kitiara. He waved at the two, "Sorry I didn't mean to abandon you." she said. "It's okay. Who's your friend?" he asked. "Oh! Tadashi this is Gloria, my cousin. Gloria, this is my friend Tadashi." The two shook hands. "Nice to meet you Tadashi. I'm glad she finally has a friend to hangout with." Kitiara just rolled her eyes. "Oh, well nice to meet you, Gloria. Have you been enjoying the festival?" he asked. "Oh look at you, such a sweet gentleman." Kitiara snorted at her cousin's comment. "To answer your question, yes. I've been having a grand time. Not to mention that I'll be performing later this evening."

Both Kitiara and Tadashi were shocked to hear this. "You're performing here at the festival? But how did you manage that?" said Kitiara. Gloria chuckled, "Well don't you remember? I have a few popular videos, singing covers and original songs, and the festival director asked if I'd like to sing at the festival, and so I agreed." explained Gloria. "Oh that's right, you were and are really into singing. You do have a really pretty singing voice." said Kitiara. Gloria chuckles again, "Oh Kitiara, you're so nice, but don't forget I'm not the only one who has a great singing voice." said Gloria while lightly elbowing Kitiara. "Aha, I'm alright I suppose, but anyway the day is still young and there's still some booths I wanna visit. You're welcome to join us if you'd like Gloria." said Kitiara. "I'd love to, but I should really go and practice my song and start getting warmed up for this evening. Hope you two enjoy the rest of the festival. Ciao!" said Gloria and walked away.

"Your cousin seems very nice," said Tadashi. "Yeah, she's always been friendly with everyone, unless you get on her bad side, but you don't have to worry about that. So I see you bought some stuff at the stand." said Kitiara pointing at the bag. "Oh yeah, just a little thing for Aunt Cass, nothing big." he explained. "That's sweet. Well I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry. How bout we find ourselves a food booth, hmm?" said Kitiara, smiling slightly. "I couldn't agree more." he said, both chuckled and started looking for something delicious to eat.