Chapter 24

It was silent for a moment, which made Kitiara a bit nervous. Tadashi noticed and quickly swallowed, "Sorry I was quiet, it's just that. It's really, really good." he said and took another bite. Kitiara smiled at this "I'm glad, I'll go ahead and pack some for Aunt Cass and Hiro." she said. "Are you sure? Will you and your uncle have enough?" he asked. Kitiara stopped what she was doing, her smile fading and shoulders slumped.

She was remembering the phone call she had with her uncle, "I'm gonna have to stay another two weeks.". Tadashi noticed that Kitiara had gone silent, and was just standing there. "Kitiara?" he called, but she still stood there unfazed. He slowly walked up next to her, he saw that she was deep in thought, but he also saw that her face held a slight sadness. He slowly and gently placed a hand on her shoulder and said her name again.

This pulled Kitiara out of her thought she frantically looked around, she felt something on her shoulder. She saw a hand laid there, more specifically Tadashi's hand. She looked up at him and saw that his face held a concerned look. "Hey are you alright?" he asked gently. She shook her head slightly and looked away, "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking." she said the last part quietly. Tadashi furrowed his eyebrows a bit, he knew that she wasn't fine, and that something was bothering her. This time he wasn't going to let it slide, usually he doesn't like to pry, but he hated seeing his friend like this.

He grabbed her other shoulder and turned her so that she was facing him. This shocked Kitiara, but she still didn't look up at him." Kitiara, I know you're not fine. Something is bothering you. What's wrong?" he asked gently. Kitiara still didn't look at him, she crossed her arms, "I told you, I'm fine. It's nothing to worry about." she said, furrowing her eyebrows a bit. Kitiara was never the type to open up about her problems, mainly because she didn't want to be a bother. Honestly Kitiara never had anyone to talk to, she's never had a friend she could go to and talk, not even her Uncle. He was never good at showing affection, something a child needed when growing up.

Tadashi gently squeezed her shoulders, this made her look up at him," Please Kitiara. I'm your friend, you can talk to me." he said. Kitiara stared at Tadashi for a few seconds, she then closed her eyes and turned her head. She signed heavily, her shoulders slumped ," My uncle isn't here, in fact he isn't coming home for another two weeks. He called me earlier this afternoon breaking the news, but what's bothering me the most is that he forgot all about the festival. He didn't even remember." she said, turning away from Tadashi and placing her hand on the counter. She lets out a breathy chuckle" It's fine though, I'll just go next year, no big deal." she said, forcing a smile. She picks up the fork and continues packing up the food.

Tadashi couldn't believe what he just heard. Her uncle is not coming home to spend time with his niece. Especially something that meant so much to her. "I'm really sorry to hear that." he said to her. Kitiara simply shrugs her shoulders, like it was nothing. Tadashi thought for a moment, then he had an idea. "Hey maybe your uncle can't take you, but maybe we can." he said, smiling slightly. At that moment Kitiara fumbled with the fork, causing it to fall on the ground, "Oh geez, sorry umm.... you don't need to do that. "she said quickly picking up the fork and placing it in the sink." No really, you can come with us. I'm sure Aunt Cass would love for you to join us." he said. Kitiara was still unsure about the idea.

"Don't worry, you won't be a bother if that's what you were thinking." he said, placing his hand on her shoulder again and giving her a reassuring smile. She looked up at him, the corner of her mouth twitching into a small smile, "Well I would like that, but ask your Aunt first. To see if it's okay with her." she said.

"Speaking of, you should probably call her to pick you up. It's kinda dark outside now, and I don't want you walking out there at night." said Kitiara." Yeah, maybe that's a good idea." he said. Tadashi pulled out his phone and called Aunt Cass.

Aunt Cass was relieved that Tadashi was alright, and agreed to come pick him up. Kitiara finished packing up the food and placed the container in a plastic bag. "She said she's on her way." he said sitting at the kitchen island. "Alright, I finished packing your food. "she said pushing the plastic bag towards Tadashi." Heh, thanks a lot Kitiara. I'm sure both Aunt Cass and Hiro will love these." he said smiling. "Heh I hope so." she said, washing the remaining dishes. After, she sat next to Tadashi and both talked for a bit. Moments later Tadashi received a text from Aunt Cass telling him that she was here. They both made their way down to meet her.

They exited the building and saw Cass waiting in her truck. She looked up and saw the two teams ''Hey you two!" she said. Both teens waved at her, Tadashi opened the truck door and hopped in. "Thanks for keeping an eye on my nephew Kitiara." she said with a chuckle. Tadashi shook his head and chuckled a bit. Kitiara placed her hands on the passenger side windowsill, and let out a small chuckle, "It was no problem, I enjoyed his company."she said with a smile.''Aw, that's nice. I'm glad you two hanged out." she said very happily. Tadashi turned towards her "Hey Aunt Cass, we're going to the Cherry Blossom Festival tomorrow right?" he asked. Aunt Cass nodded and hummed in agreement.

"If it's okay with you, could Kitiara come with us? "he asked. Cass smiled widely, "Why of course! This will give us a chance to all hang out! It'll be so much fun! "she said excitedly. Both teens chuckled at Aunt Cass' excitement. "Well then I guess that's a yes then." said Tadashi chuckling. Kitiara gave him a closed eyed smile "Thanks for letting tag along, I'm sure we'll have a great time." said Kitiara. "Of course sweetie! We'll see you tomorrow morning at our place then?" asked Cass. Kitiara nodded "Yep, I'll see you guys tomorrow morning." she said. "Great! See you then. Good night Kitiara!" said Cass. Kitiara chuckled "Goodnight Aunt Cass, night Tadashi." She said smiling at him. "Night Kitiara." he said smiling at her. Aunt Cass drove off, Kitiara watched as the truck disappeared from view.

She smiled to herself, excited and happy that she'll be going to the festival tomorrow. She went back inside and started getting prepared for tomorrow.