Chapter 22

Arriving at her apartment complex Kitiara climbed up the steps and swiped her card to open the door. She held the door open for Tadashi, which he was hesitant about, "Are you sure it's okay?" asked Tadashi. "Don't worry, as long as they see you with me, it'll be fine." she said walking in still holding the door. Tadashi was still a bit hesitant, but followed Kitiara in. They walked towards the elevator, Kitiara pushed the button making the elevator ding and open its doors. They both walked in, Kitiara pushed the floor number her apartment was located on.

Just before the doors closed, she heard a voice call out to hold the elevator. Kitiara stretched her arm out, causing the doors to open up again. Soon an older woman walked in holding several bags, and was catching her breath. The older woman looked at Kitiara and smiled widely, "Oh, thank you so much Kitiara." she said. Kitiara smiled back, "No problem Mrs. Ai. Those bags look awfully heavy, do you want some help? "asked Kitiara. Mrs. Ai waved her hand, "Oh no! I don't want to bother you dear." she said. Kitiara gave her a closed eye smile, "It's no bother at all Mrs. Ai, please allow us to help." said Kitiara quickly glancing at Tadashi. "Yes, please allow us to help." he said while starting to grab two of the bags. "Oh, alright. If you two insist." she said with a warm smile. Kitiara grabbed the other two bags while Mrs. Ai held one.

The elevator arrived onto Mrs. Ai's floor, they all exited the elevator and made their way towards her apartment. Tadashi looked over at Kitiara and the bags she was holding, "Are you alright Kitiara? Do you want me to take one?" he asked. Kitiara slightly chuckled, "I'm fine Tadashi, I got it." she said. "Are you sure? "he asked once more. Kitiara smiled at Tadashi's concern, "Trust me, I'm all good. They aren't that heavy." she said to him. Tadashi nodded and faced forward.

Arriving at Mrs. Ai door she unlocked it and walked in, she then gestured for the two to enter as well. "If you could place them on the kitchen counter, that would be wonderful." she said to the two. They nodded in response, Kitiara quickly removed her shoes and pushed them aside before walking towards the kitchen. Tadashi did the same and followed Kitiara. They both placed the bags on the kitchen counter, Kitiara turned towards Mrs. Ai, "There you go, do you need help with anything else?" she asked. Mrs. Ai smiled, "Oh, no dear, I can take it from here. Thank you both so much." she said, smiling warmly at the two.

"Alrighty, we'll head out then." said Kitiara heading towards the door. They both put on their shoes, Mrs. Ai approached then with a small container and held it out towards them smiling. Both stared at the container, "What's this?" asked Kitiara. "Their Salmon and avocado rice balls. I made them earlier this afternoon." said Mrs. Ai. "Oh wow, sounds delicious! Thank you so much." said Kitiara, grabbing the container from the older woman. Kitiara was always the type of woman who couldn't say no to free food. "Of course! It's my thank you for you and your boyfriend's help." said Mrs. Ai with a big smile.

Both Kitiara and Tadashi froze at what Mrs. Ai just said. "O-oh n-no Mrs. Ai, uh Tadashi and I aren't dating. Heh were simply friends." said Kitiara. Mrs. Ai gave them a slight look of Surprise "Oh really? I thought you were a couple. Seeing how close you two seem to be." she said. There was an awkward silence for a moment, until Mrs. Ai broke it, "My apologies for assuming haha, but in all honesty. I'm glad you have a friend around Kitiara. "she said. Kitiara's smile flattered a bit but quickly regained it, "Thanks Mrs. Ai, um we should get going. Thanks again for the rice balls." said Kitiara. Mrs. Ai gave a single nod, the two said goodbye to the older woman and exited the apartment.