Chapter 10

Hello my fellow readers, I wanted to say before going into the story, I wanted to apologize for the long update for the chapter. Work and school has been taking a lot of my time, as well as some other things. I also had some writers block, but with some inspiration I was able to write this chapter. Thank you for your patience and enjoy this chapter :)
_________________________________________________________________________

Kitiara POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

I opened my eyes slightly and lazily rolled on my side. I reached over and turned off my alarm. I layed on my back, and stared at the ceiling gathering my thoughts. I took a deep breath and slowly sat up, I then reached for my phone to check if I received any notifications. "Nothing" I mumbled, I then went through some of my social media accounts to see what's going on in the world. After sometime I turned off my phone, got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom.

As I was brushing my teeth I started thinking what I should make for breakfast. (I wonder if Tio Luis is home, maybe we can make some omelettes.) I rinsed my mouth and patted my face dry, I exited the bathroom and headed towards the kitchen. I looked around to see if Tio Luis was here, I spotted a note on the table.

                                                                                             "Hey Mija,

I needed to head out and take care of some stuff, also gonna do some grocery shopping. Running low on a lot of stuff, left some money for ya so you can buy something to eat".

Tio Luis

I looked down and saw an envelope with some cash in it. I walked over to the fridge and he was right, there was barely anything in here. I closed the fridge, thinking if I should just skip breakfast all together. "No, I need energy to help me focus in my classes, but I need something quick", I mumbled. Then a place came to mind, I placed the letter back and headed towards my room. I checked the weather and noticed it was a bit chilly, we were in mid September so fall was starting to roll in.

I decided to wear my light grey sweater, black high waisted jeans and my brown ankle boots. Lastly I wrapped my purple headband around my wrist, I took a quick look in the mirror, I quickly put my hair in a messy bun leaving some hair strands to frame my face, and with that I was satisfied. I grabbed my phone, earphones and bag and started heading out. I stopped at the dining table and took the money out of the envelope and put it in my wallet. I grabbed the house keys and headed out the apartment. Since I forgot my Penny board at my lab last night I decided to ride one of the cable cars to The Lucky Cat Café. I put in my earphones and played my favorite song, and held on one of the poles, while enjoying the beautiful morning.

Time Skip

The cable car was approaching the café, I quickly jumped off and made my way towards it. Bells chimed as I entered, the place seemed really busy already, I walked up to the display of pastries and bagels, deciding what I should get." Kitiara is that you?", I straighten up seeing who called me. Turned out to be Aunt Cass. "Hi Cass, How are you?", I asked with a slight smile. "Hey! I'm doing pretty good, how 'bout yourself?". "I'm doing well",I said. "That's good to hear, so what brings you here", she asked smiling. "Well I'm on my way to SFIT and thought, why not grab some breakfast?", I said with a smirk.

Cass chuckled a little, "Well I'm glad you came in, what can I get for you?''." Hmm, may I please have an everything bagel with a yogurt parfait?", I asked. She wrote down my order, "Sure thing! Did you want that bagel toasted with some cream cheese?", she asked, "Please", I said. "Okay! Anything to drink?". "I was wondering do you have any apple juice?
"Hmm, I don't think I have apple juice boxes, but I recently did make some. I don't know if you..... maybe wanna try some?", she asked hesitantly. I gave her a small smile, "I'd love to try your homemade apple juice". Cass's face lit up when I said this, "Great! And you can give me your honest opinion on it as well!". I chuckled slightly "Heh, of course".

Third POV

Aunt Cass grabbed a plastic cup and quickly went upstairs to grab Kitiara some homemade apple juice. When she reached the top of the stairs she noticed her nephew Tadashi at the counter finishing his breakfast. "Morning sweetie, you sleep well?", she asked him. Tadashi was surprised to see his Aunt upstairs, since she's always busy running the café. "I slept well, though I'm surprised to see you up here. Is it slow right now?", he asked. His Aunt chuckled at his question, "Heh, well a little bit, but I came up here to grab some of my homemade apple juice for Kitiara to try". Tadashi's eyebrows raised up slightly hearing this. "She's down in the café right now?", he asked. "Yeah, she wanted to grab some breakfast before heading to SFIT", explained Cass.

In that moment Cass had an idea, a small smile formed on her lips. "Hey don't you have class today as well?", she asked Tadashi." Yeah, I do "he replied, not aware of his aunt's plan. "Why don't you give Kitiara a ride? I'd hate for her to pay for transportation, when she has a friend that can take her", she said grinning." Oh, well I don't mind -" . "Great! I'll let her know, I'll see you down in the café soon", said Cass and rushed downstairs before Tadashi could say another word. Tadashi was left there confused on what just happened, he shrugged his shoulders and went to wash his plate.

Aunt Cass returned to the café and handed Kitiara the apple juice. Kitiara thanked her and took a sip, "So what do you think?", asked Cass. Kitiara looked at the cup, and then up at Aunt Cass, and smiled slightly "It's really good, best apple juice I ever tasted". Aunt Cass clapped her hands together and smiled widely, "Oh! I'm so glad, I was worried it would be a bit sour or maybe too sweet". Kitiara chuckled slightly, "Not at all, it's the right amount of sweetness". "I'm so glad, let me get the rest of your order". Kitiara nodded and continued to drink the rest of her juice. A few minutes go by and Aunt Cass hands over Kitiara's order." Here you go sweetie, and don't worry about paying its on the house"." Heh Cass, at least let me pay half of it". Aunt Cass waved her hand, "No no no I insist. Consider it a type of trade for being my taste tester", Cass said with a sly smile.

Kitiara opened her mouth to argue, but was interrupted by Aunt Cass, "Oh, look who's here! It's Tadashi!", she said excitedly. He was standing in the doorway of the cafe's backroom, Aunt Cass quickly rushed to Tadashi, grabbed his arm and pulled him were Kitiara was standing." You see Kitiara, Tadashi here would like to offer you a ride to SFIT. That is if you'd like", said Aunt Cass with a sweet smile. Kitiara's eyes widened when she said that. She looked at Tadashi, then at Aunt Cass, then back at Tadashi. "Oh, that's quite alright, I don't wanna be a bother. I don't mind walking.... really'', she responded with a slight smile. Tadashi gave her a small smile, "It's no bother, trust me. I really don't mind giving you a ride", he said. Kitiara hesitated for a second, but accepted the offer "Alright then, I'll take your offer", she said smiling slightly.