- Trail of Destruction - Magic Au -

Credit to the artist!

Warning: ⚠️
Little bit of blood. Little bit of death. Ghosts.

Inspired by Outrunning Karma by Alec Benjamin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoyo's village was known to be haunted. Nobody denied it in the town of Karasuno, why would they their people were known for seeing ghosts. It was something that had been passed down through all the villagers of the town, The Sight. The Sight enabled the people to see and communicate with spirits that had passed away, this also let them know who to trust and not.

People in Karasuno could tell whether you were safe or not because of the ghosts that followed you. Happy spirits that followed people were normally family, lovers or close friends meaning they were trustworthy. However they would come across people who were followed by unhappy spirits...the people stayed clear of them. They were outrunning karma.

It was a normal sunny day as Shoyo bounded out his home and headed to the market, he was thinking of buying some food as the supplies were growing a little barren. He hummed happily until he came to the village.

People were crowded, whispering quietly to each other. The path in the middle was cleared, like an honoured guest the villagers stayed out the way. However the guest didn't seem very honoured with all the whispers.

"Outrunning karma that boy...."

"He's such a charmer..."

"All the bugs and their larva follow him out to Colorado."

"Ten dozen hearts in a bag...their bodies lying he'll drag them down to Colorado..."

"A modern desperado..."

"And he'll race for miles through the night..."

"He runs because he knows he cannot hide."

"He's never gonna make it!"

"All the poor people...he's forsaken Karma!"

"....Is always gonna chase him for his lies."

"It's just a game of waiting from the Church Steeple down to Satan Karma."

"There's really no escape until he dies."

"Outrunning Karma that boy..."

"Can't run no further its the last days of Sparta follow him down to meet Apollo..."

"And he'll brace battle in the night!"

"He'll fight because he know he cannot hide."

The whispers intrigued Hinata so he shuffled through the crowd, what he saw before him shocked him to his core. There walking through the village was a hooded figure, golden hair fell out the hood and that was the only feature you could see. The mysterious figure isn't what shocked him though it was the masses of spirits behind him.

Different spirits swirled around the figure, happy, sad, angry and bitter. Shoyo watched as the figure stopped at a stall, he moved through the crowd to get a better view.